Your game day rituals.....

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Austin99, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Austin99

Austin99 25+ Posts

What do YOU have to do every game day to ensure a Texas victory. Is there a certain shirt you have to wear? A type of food you need to eat? A place you need to go? It seems that some people have some crazy rituals that must be done to help the team to victory. I am just wondering what some of them are.

2. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

I had this Nike Texas shirt back in 2005. I didn't even like the shirt all that much because the burnt orange was off (which didn't make sense considering it was a Nike shirt) I wore that shirt to every single game the 2005 season (including to the Rose Bowl).

Naturally, I retired the shirt and told myself I would keep that shirt for the rest of my life, but could not wear it. Lately, I've been thinking about breaking it out for the remainder of this season for good luck.

3. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

I retired my Campbell #20 throwback after 05. I had it signed by Earl a week after the RoseBowl so it was fitting. Now I just spark my Longhorn Neon and wear what "feels" like a win that day. The 05 season in a way kind of broke my superstition. I would wear white boxers if we were away and dark if we were at home up to and including that season....yeah it was that bad. I had a tough decision to make for the NC that year. Yeah we were "technically" the road team in whites, but VY owned the RoseBowl....so I wore dark and the rest is history. I changed shirts at least 5 times during that game. My campbell jersey was on when the clock hit 0:00 and it was soaked in champagne. Needless to say I had it dry-cleaned before having Big Earl sign it.

4. BurntOrange4ever

BurntOrange4ever 250+ Posts

Wake up on Saturday Morning, and the first thing I do is put out the Longhorn Flag infront of the house. I then make sure each family member is wearing their Texas shirt (wife, 3 kids). I log onto the Statesman, Mack Brown-Texas Football, and HornFans for any last minute game day information. Come gametime, I put the TV on with the sound down, and turn on Craig and Keith on the radio. Never Deviate from that ritual.

5. jkhombre

jkhombre 25+ Posts

1. drink profusely until about 10PM
    2. wake up to alarm at 1AM
    3. fire up internet audio (i live overseas)
    4. drink whisky while listening to craig way in boxers while gf = passed out on couch (she's a PSU fan anyway)
    5. curse overseas existence

pretty simple actually

6. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

1. sacrifice a goat
    2. recite a chant for world domination