Your Honor I recant my

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by TomTerrific, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

previous testimony.

We DO belong in the tournament.

New evidence has been presented in the way of beating the #2 and potential #1 team in the country on the ESPN Game Day game featured game of the weekend.

Considering this new evidence, the defense would like to change its plea to "hell yes we deserve it mother *******".

Thank youl

2. Goodfellow

Goodfellow 25+ Posts

Even aggy almost beat OU at Norman WITH Griffin. We barely beat them with Griffin on the bench. Had AJ not had a flashback to last year (not that it couldn't happen again) we would have lost by 10 or more.
    Thrilled we won, but this team is still the same team that got blown out by aggy and beat by nearly half the teams in the conference.
    I'd rather we go NIT than go one and done in the NCAAs.

4. UTAustin92

UTAustin92 250+ Posts

NIT=FAILURE

5. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

6. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

Q. What's better than winning the Special Olympics?

A. Not being retarded.

7. Goodfellow

Goodfellow 25+ Posts

I'd rather see Texas play three or four post season games than just one. Unless you win it all, what difference does it make? A game is a game, and game experience is good for our younger players.

8. the team is definitely tourney worthy, but i don't see us surviving the first weekend. i hope i'm wrong.

9. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

I do think we belong in the tournament.

But I wouldnt say last night left me with any warm and fuzzy feelings. We once again let a lead wither away. Oklahoma had Griffin on the bench almost the entire game. In fact...Even though I was happy we won the game...I didnt feel any joyous thoughts about the rest of the year afterwards.

11. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

12. iluvthisbbteam

iluvthisbbteam 100+ Posts

What Goo said.

13. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I agree. I would rather win the NIT than lose in the NCAA Championship Game.

[​IMG]

14. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

15. Utkclack15

Utkclack15 100+ Posts

16. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

NIT over NCAA

Not just no but HELL NO. You take a first round loss over an NIT win any day of the week and twice on Sunday, recruits care about getting to the only tourny that matters post season Its not called the Not Invited Tournament for nor eason.

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Mmmm...let's see...when Griffin was IN the game we were ahead. When he was OUT of the game we had an eleven point lead, then lost that and went down by six. He also had two fouls in the first six minutes or so. I'm not so sure he would have been much of a factor down the stretch.

Say what you like, but Griffin being on the bench opened things up for some other very good ou players to show their stuff. They did, but we responded by beating the #2 team in the country. They didn't get there on the shoulders of one player.

[​IMG]

19. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

The Husker makes sense, listen to him on this one.

NIT = Not in Tournament [​IMG]

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

22. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

This team is not going to win the NC but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the hunt. With the schedule and early season wins they have OOC not mention the win over BlowU, there's no telling how they'll do. For once we can be the underdog going in and be the one that plays over our head for 40 minutes. God knows we have the players and coaching staff to do that.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]