Your Mike Leach Prediction

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn69, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Mine is that once the Regents gather to discuss this - if they are as learned and bright as a group like this should be - their conclusion has to be...

Fire Gerald Myers. He's the guy that created this by going public and getting pissed about the agent's letter. What else has he done? He hired Bobby Knight but he allowed his son to take over the program and lose whatever they had built up there. And now he's making Tech look buffoonery over this.
    Being vindicative, DECREASING one's benefits in a CONTRACT EXTENSION.

Fire Gerald Myers and get some new blood in there to work with Leach and assess Pat Knight objectively.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Leach never coaches another down in Lubbock. [​IMG]

Which will be a crying shame.

3. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

is this thread supposed to be our suggestions or predictions? your post seems to be the former.

they SHOULD keep leach. They WILL fire him this week.

4. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

5. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Leach is gone. The overwhelming public attitude in Lubbock is that it needs to already have happened.The local radio shows are hour after hour of anti-Leach calls and he is getting ripped in the school newspaper.

6. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Look for Kent Hance to throw Myers under the bus after this is done.

7. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

They will part ways with Leach. They should part ways with Hance and Myers.

8. wearorange

wearorange 100+ Posts

9. wearorange

wearorange 100+ Posts

Another thought:

10. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

11. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

He gets fired and Tech goes back to 30k fans at games and 7 win seasons, or what they call the norm.

12. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

Did you all see CFL today?

Did it paint a good or bad picture of Tech?

Did Leach participate in the show?

Why would he do that if he truly wanted to be employed by said school?

A divorce is coming and Mike wants it to be as ugly as it can possibly be.

A quick reminder.

He turned down $2.42mm per year BEFORE the 4 clauses were added and AFTER his trip to Washington.

Mike no longer wants to be at Tech and Tech is gonna say "bye" on Friday.

13. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

Leach is gone, takes a year off. Tech wins five games next year, and struggles to maintain .500 ball for the rest of our respective lifetimes. Sonny Dykes is proclaimed "Head Coach for Life" at a salary of $41,500 per year. Leach never coaches at the Division I level again-takes over for Jerry Moore at Appalachian State and wins nine consecutive national championships. Tech loses academic accreditation in math, science, business, art, and architecture. Gerald resigns in disgrace, Kent Hance is dismissed, and GW Bush is hired as the new chancellor, completing his lifelong plan for vengeance against the only man to ever best him in a (fair) election. He runs for Mayor of Lubbock, is elected, and declares war on Plainview, Levelland, Slaton and Idalou. Tech merges with A&M to become Texas A&M-Lubbock. That's how I see it.

14. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

^^^not bad..not bad at all.... [​IMG]

15. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

16. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

[​IMG] This guys is going to be gone from hornfans.

17. Octavian

Octavian 100+ Posts

IF he is fired....he'll stay in the Big XII b/c people will be more willing to give him a shot....so...

Leach goes to Colorado in eleven months after the fire danny hawkins...

he reopens CU's California pipeline

he insults the entire state of Nebraska by constantly making fun of polka music and corn fields

he beats Bo and Nebraska and CU becomes an trendy annual pick to unseat the OU-Texas hegemony

Boulder becomes a meatgrinder for visitors once again

and Oklahoma State rejoices as the solid #3 in the South as sand aggy falls off a cliff aggy style

or something like that

18. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunately for Tech, no way Leach is coaching the team after Friday. He's obviously wanted another job, and he'll probably get it, after sitting out a year.

Tech will hire a lesser coach, and once again be a much less interesting six or seven win per season team.

19. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Should happen: figure it the hell out.

Will happen: fire Leach.

These guys have to know that firing Leach will mean hell to pay in Lubbock. The team will suffer, there best recruiting class ever will probably be given permission to transfer by the NCAA, and fans/donors will be pissed. Also, it isn't what the people in Lobbock think, it is what the big time donors think. I have no idea, but I would think they would want Leach to stay. Given the personal issues between Leach and Meyer/Hance I think he is gone, but if the rest of the beard knows their *** from a hole in the ground they will find a way to work it out.

20. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

21. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

perhaps there is value in considering why there is heavy pro mike leach sentiment here on this, a ut board, while the general consensus is the exact opposite in texas tech circles.

maybe, just maybe, could it be that fans of another school might not be aware of all the factors surrounding the current goings on in lubbock?

22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    I don't want to be a pirate!

23. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

24. Remo go krazy

Remo go krazy 100+ Posts

25. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

26. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

always a little tipsy, Coach will punch out a student after a "hey Leach!!" incident caught on 4 cell phone cams.

The student will be Japanese, causing an international incident.

27. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

28. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

Leach is gone. I can't see how they patch this up. They've got themselves into a pissing contest of sand aggy proportions.

Why do I have a feeling that the pirate somehow ends up in College Station?

29. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

Leach at A&M would be very bad for Texas. Also look out for riots when aggy visits lubbock.

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Leach will be axed, but already has another job lined up, so he can afford to play hardball.
    He will be seriously wooed by A&M, but they fail to come to terms when Leach demands the corps change unis to wear striped pants, a blousy shirt, one gold earring, an eye patch and a peg leg.
    After this falls through, Leach will become the next dread pirate Roberts.