Youth Discipline Question

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by MirrOlure, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

2. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"That 10 year-old won't think it's so funny when he's on the state sexual predator list and has to register his whereabouts."

Good idea. Let's take a 10 year old kid and turn him into a registered sexual predator for the rest of his life.

That way he can never be around other children, so no more public school, no way of getting onto college or getting a decent job for the next 50-60 years.

f**k it. Do the crime, do the time.

3. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

"That 10 year-old won't think it's so funny when he's on the state sexual predator list and has to register his whereabouts."

Good idea. Let's take a 10 year old kid and turn him into a registered sexual predator for the rest of his life.

If that's the law, then that's the law. You don't think this is already happening?

Why are you pro-sexual predator?

4. coopntex

coopntex 25+ Posts

You want to tag a ten year old as a sexual predator? The police would laugh at you when you made a complaint.

5. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

You want to tag a ten year old as a sexual predator?

If the ankle-bracelet fits....

The police would laugh at you when you made a complaint.

Are you sure about that? And so what if they do? I'd take the names of all the cops who were laughing and go to the local media outlets. Let's see who laughs then....

6. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Wow. This really shouldn't require a congressional session. Have someone from the board call the kid's parents. Tell them what happened, that he will be suspended the next game, and that another incident will mean expulsion. I'm guessing the girl who got pantsed would prefer it if this was never mentioned again.

7. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I've had a student who was a convicted sex offender at 12. It happens.

I think that, if it's a public park, no teams were practicing, etc, that this really has nothing to do w/ the league.

It's up to the parents of both kids to decide what to do.

8. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

9. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

The kids might very well understand the sexual implications of it. Don't underestimate today's youth.

But also, if they don't understand it, if it goes unpunished, this will only serve as 'part' of that learning process. If this type of action is seen as acceptable at this age, what kind of ideas do you think they'll have of sex when they start to 'understand' it?

I don't think cops should be involved. Personally, I wouldn't call them. But he needs to be punished in a way that he knows what he did was wrong.

Think of it this way...

What if it was your 12 year old daughter standing with her pants down. How would you react?

10. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

11. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

12. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

13. Used2btexaslover

Used2btexaslover 250+ Posts

What
    The
    f**k

14. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

you didn't answer my question perham. did you not grow up seeing stupid **** like this? i know i did. i know when two kids got into a fight we didn't call the police. and we certainly didn't say that any kid that punches another is going to end up being a murderer. do you call the police if someone walks through your yard? how about if they steal pecans? do you call the police someone tells you to f**k off on the highway?

where does it ******* end?

was it traumatic for the girl, absolutely. but your take is a HUGE stretch. and to answer your question, i don't think my cussing on hornfans affects my parenting much.

15. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Anyone who thinks Perham1 is being serious needs to take a deep breath.

I stand by my first response. He definitely needs to be suspended for several games, but I don't think it would be outrageous to kick him out of the league. Anyone who thinks a 5th grade boy doesn't comprehend the sexual connotations of that action is beyond naive. Regardless, the girl was no doubt horribly embarassed, possibly to the point of it creating problems for her in the future.

Those in charge can actually teach a lesson about proper behavior, or they can tacitly condone improper behavior by sweeping this under the rug.

And while I personally don't think the police need to be involved, I agree with whoever said that the boy would likely get off easier dealing with the cops as opposed to the girl's dad.

16. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

17. fratboy_legend

fratboy_legend 500+ Posts

Perham is creeping me out.

I would rather leave my daughter alone with the perpetrator of this pants attack than Perham1

18. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

oh, i guess i edited it. sorry about that. there is no tactic involved. i think you are ******* crazy. i am not trying to establish a case against you on hornfans, i am trying to understand where this logic comes from.

19. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

20. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

21. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

22. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

I'm a living counterexample to Perham's idiocy. I was older than 10, and I pantsed a girl out front of the school one day. I twas well after the busses had left, not that many folks were around, and it she was a very good friend of mine. In no way was it a sexual thing - I was just being an idoit. All that said, it was still beyond wrong, and as soon as I did it, I felt terrible and knew I had screwed up. I don't remember exactly what happened, but it involved many hours of pushups and up-downs during practice the next few weeks. And guess what ...

I'm not a sexual predator. I'm not a pervert. I'm not socially troubled. I was, however, a stupid kid who made a mistake.

Lighten the f**k up. Yes, it's fairly normal behavior. No, it's not appropriate, and NO ONE on here is suggesting that it go unpunished.

23. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Perham, your reasoning is totally illogical. Any 10 year old kid might one day be a sexual predator. For every kid for which this is a sign of worse things to come later in life, there are a bunch who did a dumb childish thing. Obviously, there should be consquences, to get the point across that pulling down someone's pants in public is not acceptable behavior, especially if a male does it to a female. But getting the kid arresting is probably not going to teach him his lesson any better. He'll probably be completely confused as to why he's being treated like a criminal and it's more likely to make him grow up harboring a resentment for authority.

25. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

26. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

If this same scenario happened, and the victim was a boy, how would your answers be different? You know they would be.

27. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Actually, at this age my reaction would be the exact same.

The simple fact of the matter is that once they get older the situation is not the same in both directions. One side of the situation is physically stronger and capable of doing things that the other side is not capable of doing. And, perhaps more importantly, one side is capable of preventing the other from doing things while the other is not.

So if it were a 16 and 18 year old then, yes, my reaction would be different depending on who did it. But not with a 10 and 12 year old. Either way, both sides would need serious discipline at either age.

28. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hell, I agree with the Sooner on page 1. Hopefully the girl has an older brother who will handle it behind the scenes.

Perham,
    You cannot take a single incident that a 10 year old boy instigates and project a life of crime and/or deviance from it. However, the incident should not be swept under the rug and forgotten because it may in fact be part of a pattern.

So the suspension, public apology, etc. route seems to me to be the best course of action here. Cops shouldn't be called by the league, but if the girls parents want to then that's fine. And if the kid takes an *** kicking from her 15 year old brother on top of it, well, so much the better. It'll help him remember to think before he's about to do something stupid the next time.

30. Back to Texas

Back to Texas 250+ Posts