Youth Discipline Question

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by MirrOlure, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

2. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

Actually P, that's exactly what you did. Go back and read your despicable posts.

Hell you suggested the kid may be retarded.

3. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

5. celis

celis 250+ Posts

6. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

Perham,

Do you have children? If so, are they boys/girls, and what ages?

7. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

first off it's a LOT different for a boy to do this to a teammate at practice that is on the same team, than a girl who is just at the game to watch a friend or sibling play.

The boy is a little ****. There I said it, and I will bet dimes to dollars I am exactly right on my characterization.

He should be banned from the league for the remainder of the season, and put on probation where any other incident results in banishment from the league from the league. IF that's what the girls and her parents want. If they want to "go easy" on the little **** then probation is probably good enough. The main thing is to address the concerns of the girl and the girls parents.

Failure to appease them could leave the Association open to legal recourse.

If the young man makes a formal apology to the girl and this appeases the parents and the girl then it's perhaps a different situation. Failure by the association to act is a very bad precident to set.

Interestingly my younger 9 year old daughter did this to my 12 year old daughter at a restaruant this weekend, but the only observers were a couple of girls on her soccer team and she wasn't fully exposed. I view this as situation differently because of the environment because there was nobody around where this happened, and my daughter wasn't upset about it enough to mention it to me until the next day.

8. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

9. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

10. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

11. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

The sensitivity, by some, shown to the girl in question is shocking.

Here are a couple of the more egregious examples of male-dominated thinking exhibited on this board:

I fear for my sons' futures in this country.

Yes, the "right" for one's sons to humiliate girls and young women trumps all.

He should be teaching his technique to the other kids....

After all, boys will be boys (wink wink, nudge nudge).

12. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

and your ability to completely mis-read a post by almost everyone on this board is just as astounding.

Almost everyone on here is saying the same thing, DISCIPLINE THE BOY. No one is freaking saying let him get off scott free.

No one is saying what he did was acceptable. What they are saying is that its "normal" behavior for a 10 year old that hasnt had proper discipline from his parents. However, just because its not unheard of doesnt make it right.

The vast majority of posters on this thread who have daughters have said the kid needs to be taught a lesson.

However, except for one outlier poster, no one is saying the kid is about to become the next Jeffrey Dahmer.

I pantsed a girl probably 2-3 times from the time I was 8 until I0 or so. i also came out at least semi-well adjusted, and I sure as hell couldnt be considered half-retarded (other than by my friends).

Its idiocy like this thread that is making this next generation a bunch of pansies.

Do wrong, get punished, learn your lesson, if you dont learn your lesson, the punishment gets to be more extreme.

Maybe after the 2nd time you get the cops involved to do a little scaring some sense into him.

You seriously need to tone down the rhetoric and step back and gain some freaking perspective....

13. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

14. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Come on Perham. You're just being obstinate now.

15. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I agree.

16. RoundRobin

RoundRobin 100+ Posts

Put a bullet in his head and be done with it.[​IMG]

RR

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Perham, nobody is saying that it being normal makes it ok. Tailgating is also normal, but nobody is saying that it's ok either - but it would be ridiculous to hear about someone who got a ticket for tailgating and then suggest they should have their driver's license suspended for the rest of their life.

Suggesting that some sort of mysogyny or chauvinism is responsible for our feelings is ludicrous - and, yes, illogical, also. I specifically mentioned that part of the reason for his discpline ought to be learning respect for women. It's not like at age 10 boys have any physical strength advantage, and there's no indication that he did this because she was a girl and thus he thought she was weaker and so he could get away with it. It seems like he's the type of mischevious kid who would have done this to whoever, of any gender, that it happened to be convenient to, and needs to be taught a lesson about appropriate pranks vs ******* pranks.

18. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

19. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

20. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

21. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

22. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

23. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

24. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

uh, NONE of your crap is supported by prior posts either.

occam's razor.

25. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

26. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

a civil manner? (fixed for you P)

this coming from the guy who said about a 10-year old kid who pulled a stupid prank:

27. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

28. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

On a somewhat related note: do you post at HawkeyeLounge, Perham1?

29. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

So Perham, why won't you just answer the question I posed? DO YOU have children? Yes, or No? It's a pretty simple question. And, IF you do, what is/are the age(s)/gender(s)? Again, pretty simple question.

30. sanf81

sanf81 100+ Posts