Youth Discipline Question

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by MirrOlure, Apr 18, 2008.

1. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

oops, manner. my point still stands. you are the only person on the thread who has made such WILD assumptions about the kid and his future.

2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

there is one person on this thread making it so out of control it's sad.

i can't wait till winning a little league game and hurting someone's feelings becomes a crime and we can put these competitive ******** to death.

with so many other things wrong in our society and people really think that going after kids is going to be the answer. the problem isn't the kids, it's the parents and everyone else who fucks them up for life.

3. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Add my name to the list that thinks the offending kid needs some stern discipline and a (truthful) admonition that future repeats will be met with more serious consequences. Pantsing is so common that if it were used to define sex offenders, there would be virtually no one with whom I grew up (especially among those who played on sports teams) not registered.

My good friend's father back in HS let his neighbor have a go at his (then) preteen daughter. That was sex crime. Pantsing is many things, but sex crime or a demonstrated gateway to real sex crime I doubt.

4. RoundRobin

RoundRobin 100+ Posts

5. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Lord-- I did this when I was in the 10th grade. Pulled a boys pants down in the cafeteria-- full of poeple-- and managed to get his boxers too.

I did the same thing as CapnAmerica-- I felt like a total douche as soon as I did it, and never did anything like it again. The kid and the other around laughed it off, it was over. I doubt any of my friends even remember it other than me.

There are some very serious pre-cursor behaviors to watch for in adolecents that can be signs that they're heading towards being violent offenders-- multilating animals, lack of remorse, there's like 15 of em. I'm pretty sure Pantsing is not on that list.

Why is this sexual? The kid did something stupid. He didn't do it to see her whoo-ha, he did it to tease and humiliate. Kids do stupid things all the time.... I'm all for holding a kid responsible for the full implictions of their behavior, but to me, this is crazy.

6. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

So after scanning though all the posts .... I am exactly right on my first post......

Good to know.....

Of course having coached a lot of kids, sat on a few boards some sports related, and understanding the potential libility and moreso the RESPONSIBILITY of the association to handle these sorts of event to create a good environment for kids... my perspective my not be understood by some here.

7. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

If someone did this to one of my daughters, I would personally inform the little **** and his parents that I didn't appreciate what he did. I would let all of them know that if I heard of it happening again to anyone, we were going to have a serious problem - up to including the cops.

If the kids dad was smaller than me, I might just beat the hell out of him for good measure.. [​IMG]

8. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

9. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

i really hope you're just playing devil's advocate to stir the pot and do not actually believe the cops should be called because a 10 year old boy pantsed a 12 year old girl.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

11. sawbonz

sawbonz 500+ Posts

5 freaking pages and no one has asked the most important question:

What's the kids batting average?

12. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

13. coopntex

coopntex 25+ Posts

What punishment was given?

14. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

2 week suspension from ballpark, which will include 2 games.

The girl was not a teammate. This happened on a night when other games were going on, but this kid's team was not playing.

The kid is one of the three best players on his team. He would have made all stars last year, but the coach didn't want to "put up with him" so he wasn't selected.