Youth in the NBA

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by longhornfan2818, Apr 23, 2008.

1. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

watching the playoffs and seeign all the young superstars, (dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Amare Stoudamire) Throw in Durant and a few others, and the future in the NBA looks bright.

2. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

You can add Oden to that list next year. His presence could also lift Aldridge to an all-star level. As an example, look at Amare Stoudemire after Shaq got to Phoenix.

3. Bubba Don

Bubba Don 250+ Posts

You didn't even mention the guy I think should be Rookie of the Year. Al Horford of Atlanta is an absolute beast in the paint. He is not as flashy as some of the others you mentioned but you can build a team around a guy like that. He does not miss a rebound and he has a decent inside offensive game that will only get better with experience.

I am a huge Durant fan, but I still think Horford contributed more than any other rookie. Atlanta would not be in the playoffs for the first time this century without him.

Hook em

4. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

You're certainly correct about Horford - he should be a shoo-in for ROY, even though I'm a big Durant fan. He basically carried the Hawks all year.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

6. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

There a a ton of young players that i left off the list, i just did not want to take the time to name every good player under the age of say 25. [​IMG]

7. homer

homer 500+ Posts

DERON WILLIAMS pwns them all.

8. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

9. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

Well said, Mr. Orange...

And somebody had to see it... that kind of talk, on this board, cannot go without response

[​IMG]

10. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

oden? Isn't he about 35 ??