YouTube

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by VinceFord, Jul 21, 2006.

1. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

Does anyone know how (or if) you can save youtube videos onto your computer?

I have recently discovered the joys of YouTube for UT highlight reels. Highlight Clips from different players such as Vince Young, Jamal Charles, TJ, etc, set to music.

I want to take different clips and make my own video, just for kicks. But I am not very computer savvy. I found windows movie maker on my computer, so I thought it would be easy.
    But I do not know how to save the videos from youtube on to my computer.

I want to make a video with Zidane's face on Earl Campbell's body when he gives a linebacker a massive headbutt...it is stupid but I thought it would be amusing.

2. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

You can find an awe inspiring catalog of save-able highlights at jcdenton40.com. Right click - save as.

3. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

Wow, that is an awesome collection of videos, I cannot wait to watch them. But the video of Campbell I want, unfortunately, is when he was with the Oilers.

I assume when you say "saveable," that means that the ones on YouTube are not saveable?

4. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

5. TexasOwnzYou

TexasOwnzYou 500+ Posts

it's just not worth it....one of the advantages of offering flash video is the relative difficulty in downloading it and editing it.

flash video is already low quality and editing/converting it would decrease the quality even more.

to do the zidane thing, animated gifs might be the best way to go.

6. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

doesnt firefox have an extension for saving flash videos?

7. TheOrangeBull

TheOrangeBull 100+ Posts