Yu Darvish

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Texanne, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Something I didn't know; perhaps you did.

From Wikipedia:

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Absolute gem tonight. Darvish goes 8 1/3 and gives up no runs in the Rangers 2-0 win. 10K's and moves his record as starter to 3-0 and his era down to 2.42. Not bad when you consider two innings into his major league career it was like 27 point something.

Nathan gets last two outs for the save and Rangers go to 14-4 on season. Its early but this club is showing that it isnt just all offense.
    [​IMG]

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Would have been great to see Yu get the complete game shutout, but Wash made the right call to bring in Nathan after the hit. And give Nathan credit - a one-pitch save!

Feldman tomorrow against Hughes - need to W to clinch the three-game series against the Yankees.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well now we have a glimpse of why the Rangers were willing to shell out a lot more to obtain Yu than keep Wilson.

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Dude continued to impress. He's got quite a repertoire of pitches, all of which he can throw for strikes.

So far, worth the price!

[​IMG] Rangers! [​IMG]

6. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Agreed Texanne. The terrific start out of the gate and the performance of Yu are doing wonders to help me get over the Game 6 meltdown. I'm not quite over it yet, but the fog is starting to clear. [​IMG]

7. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'll never get over it. Not as long as I live.

I still lie in bed at night and cry over it.

8. OUEngineer

OUEngineer 500+ Posts

Darvish's off-speed stuff is plain filthy. He has better stuff than C.J. Wilson, and Wilson has great stuff.

Even better news than that, his mental makeup seems really good. Reminds me of Colby.

17-6

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Before the season started I bought tickets to this coming Friday's Rangers-Angels game. If all holds true, it'll be Yu vs. CJ. DELICIOUS!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]