Yu to the DL

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jul 10, 2013.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

That makes 4 of the opening day starting rotation who have now spent time on the DL and we aren't yet to the All Star break.

Rangers continue to be a Mash unit every week with someone new headed to the DL.

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Just heard that Oakland doesn't have a player on the DL. Sounds lucky as hell, but somehow I think Billy Beane genius is involved. The rest of the league learned Moneyball. He keeps learning something new and useful. Glad the A's don't have the Angels player personnel budget. Beane's teams would get bored of winning.

3. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I wonder what the inning production from YU was before this year as it compares to the innings pitched at this point? Was he overused? How serious is it? Do they expect him to return for the stretch run?

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Looks like with the All Star break, Yu will relly only miss today's start. What they say in the Dallas Morning News is that it is fatigue in a back muscle that should respond well to a few days off.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gosh that is bad news. This team just cannot stand more injuries and players going to the DL - especially our pitching rotation. The R's have won this season with good bats, good bullpen work, grit and a little luck... but that cannot be sustained forever.

6. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Ian Kinsler asked to comment on the Darvish injury said,
    "better Yu than me."

Well he should of said it, maybe, sort of. [​IMG]