Yvonne Anderson

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by overseasbbfan1, Nov 25, 2010.

1. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Really nice to see Yvonne doing so well this season. In addition to averaging 14 pts, 3.3 rbs, 4 asts and 3 steals per game, her shooting has been really on target. With a .633 fg% and .455 3 pt%, she leads the team in both categories (and by a wide margin). Great job and keep it up Yvonne!

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

She has started out great. Hopefully, she will continue to push offensively. There's been no question about her ability to contribute on the defensive end. It's great to how confident she is on the offensive end.

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

From AAS:

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

we will find out Sunday for sure. It looked like she was walking okay at the end of the game. If she is unable to play, we will be down to eight players against Tenn.

5. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

We sit right behind the UT bench and so could see her through the rest of the game. She was not moving well at all. Did not look like someone who would be playing on Sunday. But, those things can change fast. I’ve also seen people who looked worse play their next game. I hope I am surprised. She has been playing really well.

Throughout the rest of the game they were icing her knee. On for a while, off for a while, on again. Interesting that the ice was on the front of the knee. I’m no doctor, have no nickname that incudes “doctor”, and as far as I know have never sent anyone to the doctor. I haven’t even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently. But, I would have expected the ice to be on the back of the knee if the injury was ACL related.

6. texasdpt

texasdpt 100+ Posts

Swelling from an ACL injury could present either anteriorly or posteriorly. In most sport ACL injuries, other structures may also be injured as well such as the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) and Medial Meniscus (all three injured would be the "terrible triad").

In any case, Yvonne was at the volleyball game tonight and she was walking on crutches. With just observing her gait pattern, I highly doubt she will be playing against Tennessee on Sunday.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, that means that we will have eight players available against Tenn. I was wondering if the BB team was at the VR game. That was an exciting one.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

I saw several WBB players at the volleyball game. Among them were: Cokie Reed, Ashleigh Fontenette and Yvonne Anderson. Also with them were Carla Cortijo and Courtney Craig from softball.

Nice to see them all out supporting the volleyball team