Zac Robinson is bad *DELETED* *DELETED*

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Friday, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

Post deleted by Friday

2. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Terrible this thread is.

3. longhorn-ex

longhorn-ex 250+ Posts

He's been off tonight...and he's playing against the #3 team in the country...but by NO MEANS is he terrible? Sheesh...even I know this & I'm a girl!!

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

He's not great, but not bad either. He reminds me of Todd Riesing (sp?) in that he's a scrappy guy and competes, and can make some plays, but at the end of the day I don't think he's an NFL caliber guy. Not great with decisions, not great with accuracy.

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year: Zac Robinson is the weak link in that offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

I think he only had 3 picks coming into this game. He faced a D tonight that made his life a living hell. Seems like a good kid and has been a very good QB for OSU.

7. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

We made him look bad.

8. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

9. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

Our defense has/will made/make a lot of QB's look rough around the edges. More of a reflection of our defensive talent than a reflection on Robinson, who is a solid college QB. Our defense kicks some serious *** this year. [​IMG]

10. DrPhilWithHair

DrPhilWithHair 25+ Posts

I think it had much more to do with the Texas D. Poor guy had NO CLUE where defenders were. It has much more to do with Coach Boom and the Goon Squad. Give Zac credit, he actually finished the game. The last 5 starting quarterbacks could not say that.

11. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Zac was the top rated Big 12 QB coming into the game. Our D punished OSU in classic fashion: stop the run, make them one dimensional, get 4 picks, 2 for TDs. Love it.

12. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

he's one of the few QBs to finish the game against us. His passes were very good early on, his receivers couldn't catch the ball.

Later he had no clue where the defenders were.

13. Tama_Horn

Tama_Horn 250+ Posts

The secondary was just too nasty for him! [​IMG]

14. EEHorn02

EEHorn02 25+ Posts

I believe our D can make a lot of QBs look bad, the way they're playing.

Zac may not be a great QB, but I don't think he's bad. He threw more INTs tonight than he did all season long, that should mean something. He also finished the game, which is a rarity against our D. If he's really terrible, what does that say about the other QBs on the OSU team?

15. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

No hate for Zac here. He seems like a good kid, and has played pretty well at QB coming into tonight. He just ran into a major buzzsaw tonight, in the form of the Texas D. I don't know of too many teams in the country who can give our D problems this year, and it really makes me very, very happy to say that.

You da man, Coach Muschamp!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mstrat

mstrat 250+ Posts

This game WOULD have been a completely different game if OSU didn't look like they were playing against their own demons in the first half. I counted 3 definitely shoulda been caught balls dropped. 1 would have been a TD. They took themselves out of the game. We just kept them out.

A win is a win, but this team has got time now to fine tune some things, put some nice scores on the board, pad some numbers and be nice and healthy for A&M.

17. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I think it's time to close this thread down...no need to trash on a good player who's never been anything but a true sportsman when playing the Horns.

18. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

He had a rough night against the best D in the country and the best DB in the country in Earl Thomas.

19. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

the ship sailed on out of the Ocean Stream
    riding a long swell on the open sea
    for the Island of Aiaia.
    Summering Dawn has dancing grounds there,
    and the Sun his rising....

And so shall we, us Longhorns of old, rejoice and sing gleefully, that this quarterback of theirs, no ground did he make upon our men, never, never upon that field...

20. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Zac is a good kid and QB, but the Muschamp D was simply too much for him. The dropped passes by Poke receivers absolutely killed any chances OSU might have had for an upset. So I disagree with the thread title.

I hope the Pokes will redeem their loss tonight with a win in Norman in their Bedlam game.

21. TexasUFO

TexasUFO 25+ Posts

Zac is a gamer. Had some drops that weren't his fault and it just wasn't his night. The Texas defense was stellar. He has always been a class act.

22. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Our defense makes most qb's look bad. Zac stated that was the best defense he had ever played against.

23. jmrob93

jmrob93 Guest

he looked pretty good vs the ags a few weeks back

24. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

what BOB said.

Zac is definitely not a bad QB. He's quite good--just ran up against a much better team than he's faced this year. Also could have used a little more help from his friends. His receivers had two drops that would have helped him out.

25. bullzak

bullzak 500+ Posts

Zac is a better passer than anyone we will face the rest of this year, including St. Tebow.

He could have used a little help from is teammates. That dropped TD pass was a fantastic throw and might have made for a much more tense game.

26. longhorn-ex

longhorn-ex 250+ Posts

AGREE COMPLETELY texas_ex2000!!! Shut 'er down!! [​IMG]

27. justhookit

justhookit 100+ Posts

28. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

29. wow, i thought he did very well considering.
    that game is much different if his receivers hold onto the ball in the first half. much different.

30. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

He's a pretty good QB who had a bad day against a really good D. It happens.