Zach Gentry 2015 QB commits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Mesohorny, May 12, 2014.

1. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Pro-style (rated #6 P-S in the country by 24/7, #187 player over all)
    6' 7"
    230 lbs
    4*
    from Albuquerque NM

Charlie and Coach Watson had recruited him at Louisville.

Also had offers from Bama, Okie State, Baylor, Neb., Northwestern, TCU, Tenn, Penn State, others.

Welcome!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Nice get!

Welcome to Texas

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

Great news after a few disappointing days. [​IMG]

4. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to Texas, Zach! [​IMG]

5. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

6. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

7. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Outstanding. [​IMG]

8. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, Baby! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

12. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Huge pick up! [​IMG]

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

14. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations and welcome.

15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY < 25 Posts

I've watched this young man for a long time. I played Football for his Grandfather in HS. He's interesting and with the proper Coaching, could become a very good QB for the Horns.

Coaching Staff really needs to work with him and his throwing motion and delivery. He's a good 6'5 or better but his throwing motion makes him about 6'0" He needs to learn to throw over the top instead of releasing it at about his ear. It's not even a side arm motion as much as it is a flick of the wrist type throw. His arm is so strong that he rarely throws it with an actual full throwing motion.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Why do I keep thinking Eldorado used to wear Green and maybe Gold?

I am stoked about this.

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They list their colors as Texas Orange, Gold and White! It was his density to become a Horn.

18. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY < 25 Posts

They've been Burnt Orange, Ivory and Gold since there inception, so far as I know.

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I guess when Jim Everett (do not call him Chris) was kicking our *** we were green with envy. But when it came time for me to be in H.S. we paid 'em back. But when he was there, man, the Eagles were in good form. Have friends/family that went there and live off Juan Tabo area. Love Northern N.M. and have lots of family.

So very stoked to get a N.M. kid in.

21. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow and congratulations Zach!!!

Welcome to the 4000 Acres! [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

" It was his density to become a Horn."

How dense is he? [​IMG]

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Ask McFly.

24. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The Link

We need to know his mass and volume.

25. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Do we know how big his forearms are? [​IMG]

27. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

At least he will not have to change uniform colors.

29. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY < 25 Posts

It's really good that he's a strong Texas Commit because Tennessee is still recruiting him. They are talking with Eldorado HC Charlie Dodson.

30. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Quotes from QB Zach Gentry of Albuquerque, NM (OrangeBloods):

"I feel really good about my decision. I still talk to the (UT) coaches regularly, about once a week," Gentry said. "I talk to coach (Shawn) Watson and coach (Charlie) strong a little bit. I'm extremely solid."

"It's definitely been a blessing. I can finally focus on my high school team. It's a big weight off my shoulders and I feel very comfortable that I made the best decision I could for me."

"I've been in the weight room a lot, working on my speed a little more, bulking up a little more," Gentry said. "I'm a hair under 235. I got my 40 time down to a 4.6 flat a couple weeks ago."

"Before last season, I was probably mid to high 4.6. A lot with me, I think it's just me finally growing into my body," Gentry said. "(The speed) pretty much happened when I stopped growing. I'm also working a lot lower body wise, working on footwork, sprinting."

"I just want to get back to Austin, check things out again, see the coaching staff, see the recruits we're trying to get over there," Gentry said. "It'll be good to connect with them, throw with some of them."

"I try to recognize and see some recruits online (i.e. Newsome, Johnson Brothers). I'll try to hit some of them up," Gentry said. "I think it's important to hit some of those guys up, so I stay in touch with some of them."