Zealot day at the Ballpark?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Texanne, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Would any of our little group of Rangers zealots be interested in getting seats together for a game at the Ballpark?

2. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

I'd sure be up to it next year. Right now I have a parent that lives across town that is undergoing cancer treatment. Hope you all can meet up this season, it'd be fun.

Hopefully we all can meet up next year for the unfurling of a World Series championship banner. [​IMG]

3. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I'm always up for a game - if I'm in town. My schedule is real tricky and constantly changing. As with H2R, I'm totally supportive and if you guys pick a date to go, I"ll see if I can also.

thx,

Go Rangers!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Texanne,
    Count me in. Furthermore, since I live about 15 minutes from The Ballpark, I'll volunteer to go get tickets for the group. If it's convenient (especially for those coming from the South, such as Temple, and from Fort Worth), we can convene at my place and combine vehicle loads to save a bit on parking. Let me know as we get responses.

If we can't find a date for this season, we can certainly make it a "must-do" for next year.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Great idea TA . Yes, with enough advance notice I will go. Let's do it THIS season if possible - this could be the year and who knows what 2011 holds for the R's.

6. IPLonghorns

IPLonghorns 250+ Posts

I am game.

7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

If we want to do this on a weekend, we have fairly limited choices remainiing -

-Aug 13-15 Boston
    -Aug 27-29 Oakland
    -Sep 10-12 New York
    -Oct 1-3 Anaheim

I suspect tickets for the Red Sox and the Yankees will be a bit hard to get in a block. If we can do it during the week, the choices are a bit better. There are midweek games available -

-23-26 Aug Twins
    -14-15 Sep Tiigers
    -27-29 Sep Seattle

Thoughts?

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

My schedule is limited as well: Tuesdays and Thursdays are out for me, as I have paying obligations those nights. Starting August 30, Mondays and Wednesdays are out as well, as I have paying obligations those nights as well. I was thinking about a weekend game, as most people have the weekends off.

If we can't do it this season, let's make it a goal to go to a game together early next season.

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OK TA - you pick a weekend series and we'll just see who can make it... a Friday or Sat., not a Sunday eve game please. If not enough bites, we defer to next season.