Zero u logic if they lose the game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by everybodygodeep, Dec 6, 2008.

1. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Sports radio in OKC:

Caller: if ou loses ... TT should play for the title because they beat Texas (Now head to head matters).

Also this gem:

The game in the Cotton bowl is not a "neutral field" because fans are divided along the 50. If the division came in the endzone it would be closer to being neutral.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

The problem with that logic is the faulty assumption that the Big XII ranking (which is what head-to-head determines) has ultimate bearing on the national ranking, which is a mix of conferences.

Texas Tech doesn't deserve it anymore than a 1-loss USC, necessarily.

3. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

lol. Must be ou grads or students since I hear ou enrolls only MENSA types.

4. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

5. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

******* Epsteins.

6. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

7. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

not exactly Einstein

8. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

OIC, Thanks. I guess I am an Epstein [​IMG]

9. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

I knew a girl with the last name of Epstein. She married my good friend and now she's a Caswell.

10. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

Wasn't me [​IMG]

11. spidey69

spidey69 100+ Posts

I enjoyed the 45-35 campaign;however, the only problem with it was that it was too simple........ The whole Texas argument centered around ranking of teams when the teams were deemed to have equal resumes. When SOS, stats, records were compared most people (we believed) concluded that the teams were essentially tied with regards to poll position. Therefore, head to head (one of the time honored tie breakers) should obviously prevail.

On a national stage, the Tech resume does not compare even though they beat us. That is why their is a clear separation between Tech and Texas in the polls. Therefore, any sort of head to head comparison is not needed.

It would also follow that if a voter believed that OU was clearly better than Texas then head to head need not be considered. Although I would not agree that OU was clearly better, I do support that, in this case, head to head should not be weighed as heavily.