Zombie Nation

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by CHETOLONGHORN, Mar 3, 2008.

1. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

Do yall think will play Zombie Nation now that we have a bad *** stadium? I know Penn State does it with the white out they do and i remember seeing highlights of the guys in 05 always singing it.

2. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Yes, yes I do. It will be allsome!!!11!

3. fhetw

fhetw 100+ Posts

Do you really think our fans will bounce to zombie nation?
    If the bball crowd is any indication, it's not gonna work.
    Besides our students are split up.

4. Rockinghorse

Rockinghorse 250+ Posts

I think this is a couple years behind the curve. Tons of schools play this at both football and basketball now. I think BC is credited with being the first.

Penn State is actually phasing it out the last couple years. They play "Seven Nation Army", which still allows for the "OOOh-Oh-Oh-Oh-OOOOh-Oh" chanting. I think they still play ZN for big defensive plays.

5. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I do not own this piece of music.

6. BeatYaEasyEasy

BeatYaEasyEasy 250+ Posts

how about some VaTech-style Enter Sandman?

7. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Zombie Nation is sooooo played out.

Besides, if our team got hype for it many would call them thugs ... like Soldier Boy from last year.

8. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I am positive they will play Zombie Nation!

It will come right after Puff the Magic Dragon, along with all the other songs we play over the PA system during our games!

IT WILL BE SUCH AN AWESOME NEW TRADITION!!!! [​IMG]

9. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

It'll actually be Tom Petty's Zombie Zoo.

10. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i think it is a great idea for us to copy other schools...woohoo, lets be like everyone else.

11. SFAHORN99

SFAHORN99 < 25 Posts

I still think we need to come out to March of Pigs by Nine Inch Nails. That song really gets the blood flowing.

Hookem'

12. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

I,for one, do not want us playing any song that trivializes the potentially catastrophic effects of a "zombie nation." It only undermines the effort to maintain constant vigilance against an attack.

13. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

i say the hell with it. just play 'screw you, we're from texas'. in the visitors locker room. constantly. that should get the point across.

14. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

play zombie nation?

wtf?

zombie nation is THE NAME OF THE BAND that plays Kernkraft 400, which is the song that y'all are referring to. [​IMG]

The Link

The Link

UCF plays this at their games before kickoffs, I don't think that they played it when we played them but they started later and THE WHOLE FREAKING STANDS POGOs to it when they play it, even the bluehairs, it's hilarious, 45,000+ people jumping around like maniacs hands in the air. Makes cable box stadium wiggle and bounce.

PSU only the studens pogo so they are freaking lame.

UCF band needs to learn how to play this so that UCF will have a decent fight song, the one they have now puts people to sleep.

one funny thing happened at the game at USF at Ray J Stadium in Tampa (that is where the Tampa Bay Buccanneers of the NFL play for you aggy), KernKraft 400 was played by the guys in the USF pressbox and all the UCFers started pogoing like maniacs (most of em were drunk as hell as Ray Jay sells BEER! YAY BEER!) and the USFers in the pressbox stopped the song immediately and didn't play it again. BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see, football in ****** conferences CAN be fun.

and I hope to hell they don't play it in DKRTMS because it is so fuckng trite and they play it in low rent lame *** joke conferences like the Big Least and Cusa, lt's the 21century rock & roll #2 by gary glitter.

15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

How 'bout some Gregorian Chant ?
    [​IMG]

16. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

how bout we just stick to having are whine and cheese crowd. I mean if you see vince and company all them were dancing to it so its not as corny as yall are making it seem.

17. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

In reply to:

18. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

We are Texas. We should never attempt to copy any other school or whatever. Let them copy us.

19. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I'm not familiar with zombie nation....could someone hum it for me and post it?

20. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

ONLY WAY WE SHOULD PLay kernkraft400 is if Mac B decides it's his favorite song and the LHB plays it. That's the way we got the LHB playing Wabash Cannonball. NOW the LHB playing kk400 would be ALLSOME!

21. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

That song sucks.

22. elguapo

elguapo 250+ Posts

Yes, this is horrible, this idea

23. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

Maybe we can play "I hope you dance."

24. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

There's always "Mother" from Danzig.

25. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

I guess y'all old timers forgot what it was to be a student and actually yell at a game and not sit on the west side of the stadium on your assess all game long.

26. elguapo

elguapo 250+ Posts

I'm 25 and I don't need to hear some played out song to get insanely pumped about watching the Texas Longhorns. [​IMG]

27. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

Chet - don't confuse fan enthusiasm with copying some other lame *** schools game day rituals. Otherwise we will all be locked arm to arm sawing off our own horns.Why in God's name would we want to emulate UCF.

Here is some footage from the UCF Tulsa football game....skip forward to 1:30 or so. I've seen better fan zaniness on many campuses. This I can do without.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

28. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

I know what your saying but I think the students and players would love it though.

29. MinnesotaHorn

MinnesotaHorn 25+ Posts

30. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts