ZOMG Driving Texting- banned- not fair

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by KC-97HORN, Jun 30, 2008.

1. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

says this California teen:

The Link

I do love the reporter finding her token moron teenager to give her the older people are idiots as well quote (which to be honest, isnt far from the truth)

I remember being 17 and being stupid, and being an idiot while driving and only escaping a few retarded situations.

But texting while driving is going to get a lot of people killed- and you have to figure that teenagers are the worst at it.

i am surprised that there isnt a blanket law that specifically covers texting while driving; yes distracted driving is listed. But, that isnt the same thing.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow Plano ISD is ahead of Calif?
    School is out now but signs at school zone crossings have appeared that prohibit texting and using any handheld device in school zones . There is no age limits mentioned.
    I guess they put the sogns up now so people will be sued to them by fall.
    should be an easy source of revenue

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good move. Now if they would raise the driving age and get the high school kids out from behind the wheel....

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Why so they can be bad drivers at 18 instead of 16?

5. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

Moving this up because of the thread on cell phone usage while driving.

Texting is a much clearer case, IMO. Idiot factor is higher.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Receiving a text message is worse than texting someone else. You can send a text message without diverting your eyes from the road.

7. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

Okay, what does the Z stand for?

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I love how they rationalize it by saying that other people are worse with their phones than they are, or that they can text without looking, behind their backs, etc...

I guess when they can demonstrate how driving with one hand behind their back reaching for their purses in the back seat is a safe way to drive, then maybe they'd have an argument.

I must be getting old... freakin teenagers.

9. softlynow

softlynow 1,000+ Posts