Zone Alarm 7 Problems

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by DCLonghorn, Jun 13, 2007.

1. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm running ZA7 and everytime I try to open an attachment or open a website that is part of an email, the ZA7 blocks it. I get the "Object is blocked" message. This is very frustrating because it will not allow me to download updates or programs. Anyone know how to remedy this? Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using firefox browser.

2. UT TOPS

UT TOPS 25+ Posts

I'm not sure this will do it but Go into zone alarm go to program control find your email program and give it trusted access and change all the options to checks-
    this could be bad advice as it might make you at risk but i think it might solve the problem-

3. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

ZA7 has been a pain in the arse!!

4. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I always thought it was overly protective. If the cure is more annoying than the disease, it's time to switch. I dumped ZA and Webroot Spysweeper for BitDefender Internet Security 10 a couple of months ago, and have been very pleased. I know you really like Kaspersky AV, though, and rightfully so. Too bad they have paired it with ZA.

5. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I feel its over protective also. I may have to back to the 60 day trial of Norton for a while.

6. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

I also got rid of Zone Alarm. Too protective and was always running and taking up too much memory.

7. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

What are your feelings about CA Internet Security Suite 2007?

8. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

I wouldn't bother with zone alarm. Use the windows firewall, install a free copy of avast or avg for virus protection. Then install a combination or all of windows defender, adaware se and spybot search and destroy. All of these are free and they work fine. They also won't bog your pc down like norton or mcafee.