zork swimmers are effective

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by zork, May 17, 2009.

1. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

The zork 'swimmers' are effective. #2 kid is on the way! [​IMG]

The wife taking prenatal vitamins continuously since before we started get busy for child #1 probably helped greatly too. (DHA, etc)

7-8 months to plan for the double daycare, get the second room ready, etc, etc.

#1 child has been awesome.

Those of you with multiple kids, tell me your stories. Tell me about your planning for your #2 kid, or what you wished you had done differently.

boy, aka #1 child, at 1 year old:
    [​IMG]

2. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Congratulations, man!

Way to go, Zork!

3. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Congrats! My first child is due tomorrow, and I'm very excited.

4. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

MTF,

Congrats yourself. Remember, she is either hungry, wet/poopy, tired, needing to be held, or bored. And doublecheck hungry if you go through those, even if it has been 'only an hour'.

The wife and I call those times when he just ate an hour ago, yet is still hungry now, as the 'growth spurt' times.

Swaddling is good for sleep.

5. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Child #1: Sterilized bottles in boiling water, never warmed a bottle in the microwave.

Child #2: Give the bottle a good rinse....warm tap water was good enough to mix the Prosobee.

Child #3: "Honey, Emma is playing with your razor blades...!"...."relax, some times kids need to learn some things the hard way".

6. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

Child #1 - you and the wife get to play zone defense

Child #2 - you're now playing full court man to man.

The second child doesn't add twice the work...basically it triples the work load...but it's worth it.

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

8. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Keep'im coming. [​IMG]

9. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

If the first kid drops his pacifier, you boil it clean.

If the second kid drops his pacifier, you wipe it off on your pants leg.

If the third kid drops his pacifier, you let the dog lick it clean.

10. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Kid #1 gets roller blades, helmet, knee and elbow pads.

Kid #2 gets roller blades and a helmet.

Kid #3 gets roller blades.

11. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

12. jameson_bond

jameson_bond 500+ Posts

Square parents have round children. Or is it the other way around? In any case, I hope your children all turn out radical left wingers.

13. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

14. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

How's the first month going MTF?

15. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

We had the 10 week sonogram last week. Too early to determine sex but man is it cool to see your growing child moving around and seeing the heartbeat being measured, observing the brain lobes, seeing him or her from all angles.

It is an amazing experience. Possibly less excitement the second time around but none the less satisfying finding out things are progressing nicely. It is a special time, I wish I had started it earlier in life. [​IMG]

16. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Just found out today it is going to be a girl! [​IMG]

4-ish months away. Time is flying by.

Nursery is neutral color so there is no change there. Gonna have to do all new clothes, mostly. Gonna have to clean the shotgun. map out the dating rules, etc.
    [​IMG]

Less sibling rivalry though with boy then girl I think. I'm stoked. The first one, our little guy, has been awesome.

17. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts