Safety Eric Monroe

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, May 7, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Eric Monroe ..... North Shore (Houston, TX)
    4-star ..... S ..... 6-0/180 ..... LSU​
    Per Scout:
    Eric Monroe is a very talented defensive back with a wide range of skills. He has the hips and agility of a cornerback prospect and the size of a safety. He can cover the best wide receivers, but he can also use his size when coming up to lay the pads on an opposing ball carrier. With excellent body control, burst out of breaks, and change of direction, he will most likely play safety at the next level.

Nearly every school in the country wants to add... Monroe to the 2016 roster. And rightfully so. He’s got the game that translate to the college level and the best of the best have taken notice.

“I have a good connection with Texas, and the coaches. I see (assistant) coach (Chris) Vaughn as someone I can talk to about anything,” Monroe said. “He’s like a father figure and that is good for me, something that I’m looking for. If I am going to be away from home, I want to have someone who I can talk to and who will listen.”

Monroe said that it’s his versatility that has a number of coaches wanting him. He said that he refers to himself as “the best DB in the country” because he said he has the ability to play anywhere in the secondary at a high level.

One thing that Texas coach Charlie Strong is looking for is guys who have that edge and belief in their game. In fact, Monroe noticed that when he was last on campus.

“He’s (Strong) a good defensive coach. He wants to get after everybody,” Monroe said. “I love the fact that he tells you how he feels and his defenses have some swag. He’s not one who plays that girl stuff, he wants his defense to hit people in the mouth. And then he wants them to get back up and do it again.”

Per 247Sports:
    Like [Brandon] Jones, Monroe is a slighter safety without a prototypical build. And while Monroe lacks Jones’s raw speed, he’s able to accomplish similar results through his outstanding instincts. He’s ranked right below Jones as the No. 2 safety nationally in the Composite.

The true definition of a ball hawk, Monroe made play after play in 1-on-1 drills. He has great length and breaks on the ball at just the right time.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^^^ THIS.

I like his attitude and the expectations he sets for himself!

• Like Like x 2
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I like this guy!! Great Attitude! Go get 'im coach!