DE Michael Williams (Dec 3, 2014)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Michael Williams ..... All Saints Episcopal (Fort Worth, TX)
    4-star ..... DT ..... 6-2/280 ..... Stanford​

Per Scout:
    Williams is a talented defensive tackle prospect with good size for an even-front 3-technique role. Strong at the point of attack. Tough customer vs. run. Shows a good get-off to frequently give him leverage advantage. Sheds blocks with regularity and also makes plays with O-linemen hanging on him. Possesses ability to collapse pocket with bull rush. Improved technique/added moves to repertoire should make him fierce one-gap pass-rusher.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Quotes from DT Michael Williams of Fort Worth All Saints (24/7):

"I don't know about visiting any games but I will visit Texas for an official visit," Williams said. "It's a toss up (whether it will be in December or January) but I should be able to see a game for them, too."

"I'll be honest with you Texas was my No. 2 school the whole way," Williams said. "That's my contingency plan I feel like, but you never really know."
    [Per a poster on another site]

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Prolly wouldnt hurt to give him a "like" for this .....

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

edit -- update ^^^

Williams took an UOV to campus since he was in Austin anyway on an unrelated school trip
    Apparently the visit did not go that well
    He did not get to spend much time with the coaches (who were busy with their own meetings)
    Plus, he has made it clear if he gets accepted to Stanford, that is were he is going

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Stanford is a great school. Would be hard to turn that down, but travel would be a ***** for your family to see you play. Even hotel expenses are outrageous out there so you have to factor the little things in as well.

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep! Let's hope Charlie can work his magic and bring him to the 40 Acres!!

11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  12. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Come on Charlie!!! Keepin my fingers crossed!! :bevo:

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Quite a few of you have been asking about All Saints Episcopal (TX) DT Michael Williams and if he has been accepted into Stanford yet. Williams told me a few weeks ago that his 1st semester grades weren’t going to be out until after the Christmas Holiday for them to review so he will likely receive the news on if he’s accepted right before his Stanford official visit on January 15th. Williams has told me he’s “very confident” he will be accepted.

If Williams doesn’t get accepted into Stanford, Texas will be one of his top options. Williams plans to visit Texas on January 23rd and will likely visit Arkansas on January 31st. He also told me if the distance to home factor becomes too much that will be the only other reason he doesn’t attend Stanford.

Right now, I’d expect him to be a Stanford Cardinal on NSD but keep an eye on this one just in case. If for any reason Stanford doesn’t work out, Texas could get a late and much needed steal.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

dammit!!!! Best of luck to you, young man

• Like Like x 2
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Too bad, but good luck to him. :(

• Like Like x 2
  18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

How can you blame a kid for choosing Stanford? But its a long, long way from home. He could get a great education at Texas and play within easy driving distance of family, if he would have just chosen the Horns.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Had to move his OV to the last weekend
    Something came up with the fam

He's going to Stanford, but still likes Strong alot

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Finally official

[​IMG]