RB Kyle Porter (Jul 12, 2014)(Feb 2 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Kyle Porter ..... Katy (Katy, TX)
    :hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn ..... RB ..... 5-11/208 ..... TEXAS

A Rivals Top 250, Porter recently listed Texas in his Top 3 and scheduled his UT OV for January 22.

The Katy speedster was offered a year and a half ago; so the question is, "With Dion serving as Katy's Honorary Mayor, why has Porter not committed yet?"

Per HD:
    Porter is a running back who has really come into his own as a senior in 2015 as he was handed the keys to the Katy offense and has stepped up to task. He is able to pick up tough yardage in the middle of the field and is able to also make the home run play. He is elusive with his style making it tough for defenders to get a clean shot. He is a proven commodity in the passing game.

Strengths: change-of-direction, pass catching, and quick-twitch skill.

Porter accumulated 4,821 rushing yards and 76 rushing touchdowns in a three-year varsity career. He caught 26 passes for 490 yards and six scores to give him 5,311 yards from scrimmage and 82 total touchdowns.

2015: Porter capped a stellar senior season with a Texas 6A D-II state championship as he helped Katy to a 16-0 record. Porter ran for 1,938 yards and 36 touchdowns on 8.3 yards per carry. He caught four passes for 106 yards to push him north of 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nice graphics work G!
    I have my people looking into the matter.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

“I just don’t really do well with a lot of attention. That’s just the way I am. I understand it comes with the game I love, but I just want to go out there and play. I could care less about interviews. I just love football.

"I’m thinking about getting a Twitter (laughing). I’m not sure if I would post that on there or post anything. My friends are trying to convince me, so I might do it… or maybe I’ll just wait until I’m like 20.

“I like the Texas coaching staff. That’s personally my favorite thing. If they stick around there, they are going to build something special. They are going to have a bright future. They’re just working to get it back up. I’m not worried about stability. They’re there now, and that’s all that matters.

Coach Vaughn and Coach Robinson have been recruiting me hard. Coach Vaughn calls me all the time. We talk about everything from going there to getting the right education and things like that. I like them...... I’ve talked to Coach Strong a little bit. I like that he’s straightforward. He doesn’t play any games. He straight up tells you how he feels. I really like that. I just want to sit down and meet with him and ask a lot of questions.”

"I've wanted to sit down with Mayor Dion, too, but he won't return my calls. If I could just get his input, this deal would be done."

[Per another poster... except for the last paragraph]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Looks like we won't get to see him on the Army battlefront...

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I will be willing to start a Super PAC for Mayor Dion's next campaign if he can get Porter on the 40 acres. But don't tell anyone, all this is under the table of course.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good video, Mr Porter looks really quick.

I don’t know if anyone noticed this on the field in a few of those shots, but the Katy ISD logo is pretty clever. In the word Katy the “a” and the “t” are written as “A+”
    Logo-Katy-ISD.png
    Funny thing is that there are several high schools in Katy, and lots of big newer developments here like Cinco Ranch, Grand Lakes, Cross Creek Ranch, Falcon Point, lots more. But the state-championship-winning Katy High School is in “old town Katy” and they won state in 1959, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2012, and 2015. They were state runner-up in 1999 and 2004. None of the other Katy area high schools have come close to competing for the state title. How does this one school keep producing championship-level teams? They changed coaches in 2004 and didn’t skip a beat.

A few KHS alums:
    - Andy Dalton (Cincinnati Bengals QB, TCU alum)
    - Singer Clint Black
    - Actress Renee Zellweger
    - Ryan Mouton (NFL)
    - Terrence Frederick (New Orleans Saints)
    - Eric Heitmann (NFL)

Where else can you find quality Katy Texas trivia like this? Stay tuned for more exciting news from our happy little town. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

He's fast, got incredibly quick feet laterally and for stop-start moves. He avoids tacklers like a matador avoiding on rushing bulls; except Kyle is moving forward at speed and there are 11 onrushing "bulls" instead of one. This kid makes plays, escapes traps, and has the jets to break it in the open field.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 2
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He reminds me of Christian McCaffrey with that explosive first step against a defender.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

GOT HIM!

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It's happening, isn't it?

• Like Like x 4
  13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

#ErrBody has begun! :coolnana:

• Like Like x 3
  14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Has it been confirmed they are saying it came from teammates

15. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I don't think the dud has a twitter account, Quiet type. It shouldn't surprise us, if he got his teammate to tweet it out.

16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

And here it is okay back to errrrbody

• Like Like x 4
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

247 reported that he announced thru his teammate's Twitter (Porter's never had a Twitter account).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Great job, Mayor Dion!

19. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

Welcome to the 40 acres! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I had to work my Katy contacts hard this morning but we do what we must.

Excuse me, someone’s at the door, probably some flowers from Charlie.

• Like Like x 5
  22. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

:bow:

• Like Like x 1
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This is awesome news. He has Barry Sanders moves. Hyperbole? I don't think so. This kid is the real deal!!

WELCOME TO THE 40 ACRES KYLE!!!

25. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Flowers? FLOWERS?? ... Charlie ain't sendinig nobody no friggin flowers. He may have sent you a tiger cub in a box. One that he closed on last night. The man can close even in his sleep.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Two M1A1's: Foreman and Warren
    Two F-22's : Johnson and Porter

Nice arsenal.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Charlie has opened the family size can of whoop-*** a day early.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Let's hope this gets the momentum going for tomorrow. I want to see a bunch of happy posts from y'all when I wake up late tomorrow morning.:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  29. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Love this kid in the open field. I wonder if he has handled kickoff returns or punts?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It’s not totally unfair to use the phrase “OMG Barry Sanders” after watching this video.

• Like Like x 1