2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Nalyssa Smith has Baylor as her final stop for the weekend coming up. So that can't be good either.

2. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

It doesn't matter if the visit is the first or the last. These recruits already know where they want to go. The visit is nothing more than conformation.

3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I've already pegged Nalyssa committing to Baylor so I've made my peace with it. If she chooses South Carolina, it will be a surprise to me.

4. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Can't see her and Decosta both going there. They both play the same position. At least this is what I'm hoping

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Interesting. skilledup posted pretty much the same exact thing on the Baylor board at just about the same time:

"Nalyssa Smith will be on campus this weekend coming up. Her final official visit."

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

This is where I got it from. If you want to know who I am just ask. You seem to have a problem with me and I don't know why. I read a lot of the other boards. Tennesse, uconn, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Notre dame to name a few. Don't know why it bothers you or what makes you so sensitive. I choose to keep up with all the news to see what's going on. Wish you would stop whining so much. I am an alumni here and I did play sports at Texas. Thank you.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have no problem with you; it's with your posts.

I've said many times that any poster (regardless of which school they support) is welcome here, even if they aren't a fan of Texas. I don't think you've ever posted anything positive about Texas for someone who claims to be a Texas fan and an alumn. You seem to come to this board to post mainly negative stuff about our program, and last year you predicted that we would lose out on just about every 2017 recruit our coaching staff was pursuing. I believe you've recently even "threatened" to post reasons why Chasity Patterson chose to sign with Texas. Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a Texas fan to me.

And, this is the second time you post something identical to what skilledup posts on the Baylor board; and, at pretty much the same time. Sorry, that's too much of a coincidence for me to just pretend I didn't notice it.

I don't think you've ever congratulated or welcomed any recruit who has committed to Texas; at least not on this forum.

And, I don't think you posted a single thing about a single one of our games last season; perhaps never. That's odd for a fan of our program who frequents this board.

But, anyone who wants to go and read all your posts on the board is welcome to as it is easy to view the history of any poster.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

According to someone on the Lady Vols message board (page 498), Christyn Williams has Texas instead of Baylor in her final five:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-lady-vols/198065-lady-vols-recruiting-info-498.html

According to Christyn Williams social media. Baylor is out of her top 5 and is replaced by Texas. Thought it was revelant since some posters believed Decosta and Williams might be wanting to play together and now Tennessee is the only common school in their top 5.

Based on Snapchat (which I don't know how to use).

• Like Like x 5
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Ouji board says, "YES!" I mean "Oh NO!"

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if she has an official visit scheduled to Texas? Sounds like the coaches are making a major final push for her. I also question, do we have one/two players on the current roster that have plans to not return for the '18-'19 season?

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

If accurate, that's exciting, for us to be in Christyn Williams' final five.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

I saw that earlier but didn't want to say it because it may have hurt your feelings. Thanks for sharing though.

14. LutherIsMyDog

Madison Williams commits to OU. Good pick-up for them.

15. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Nice catch. I'm a bit surprised, Madison (#8 on P/N) could have gone anywhere.

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice pickup for OU. Good to see OU making a move to get those top recruits along with us and BU.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Madison Williams' recruitment has been very quiet; perhaps that's the way she wanted it. Other than her attending our summer camp, I had no idea which schools she may have been considering.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on all the inclement weather, I don't think Nalyssa Smith made it to Waco this weekend for her scheduled official visit to Baylor. She had planned to announce her verbal commitment on Friday, September 1.

I am still predicting South Carolina as her destination, but we'll find out soon, I guess.

19. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I[m kind of disappointed Madi Williams chose OU instead of us. But rather OU than BU.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hard to know for sure where we stood with Madison Williams. Our remaining scholarship situation for 2018 is pretty tight.

21. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Williams was a toss up. Not knowing what position she really played. Good luck to her at OU. Smith was at Baylor this weekend.

22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Christyn will be visiting Texas the weekend of the KSU football game. Should be good game and fun experience.

The article also states that UConn will get her final visit during their annual First Night event.

• Like Like x 2
  24. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Damn. Hate that UConn does this all the time. Teammate Charlie collier will probably be there also. Glad she is considering us though.

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

UConn has been taking advantage of their First Night to impress recruits the past few years. It will be different this year as roof repairs to Gampel will not allow First Night festivities. Still, they should have an impressive turnout for their first practice.

With four 2018 verbals so far, I wonder if UT will be able to take both Queen Egbo and Christyn Williams as well in this class. Or will it be a case of whoever commits first? As others have mentioned, we have four openings for sure with two others possible due to RS juniors who could opt out of their last season. If one of our RS juniors decides not to come back, I would consider that Egbo would be a higher priority than Williams.

26. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I would be thrilled with Egbo or Williams (or both). I think we are in a good spot, right next to UConn. Easy to compare us that way. Maybe it will come down to the two teams, like it was with Walker last year. I agree with Babhorn, Egbo may be even more important to our fortunes.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's great that we're getting an official visit from Christyn Williams. I didn't think we'd sneak into her top 5 and get that visit, so kudos to our coaching staff for continuing to work.

She could be the ideal replacement for Ariel Atkins at either SG or SF; of course, our other back court players will be competing hard to gain the starting spots vacated by Ariel and Brooke.

I still think she'll end up at UConn, but might as well take our best shot. I thin UConn is loaded at both SF and SG, but Christyn is probably good enough to beat out all of them for a starting spot (which says a lot about her talent).

• Like Like x 1
  28. LutherIsMyDog

If Christyn doesn't choose Texas, I hope she goes to Tennessee. As Mooooo posted a few days ago, I'm curious if she and Acosta both commit to Tennessee.

29. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Williams has always played the pg. when she was with united and Cy fair she played pg. with Sutton and Patterson here, it would be tough for her to get those minutes. She isn't tall enough to play SF. Could play the 2 at times.

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Williams is listed 5-10; Ariel at 5-11. I don't see why she would considered too small to play SF if Ariel is considered to be a SF. I don't really consider SF & SG to be much different as I consider those positions to be Wings. We do have some players, Khaléann, Joyner & Rellah, who could play the SF and provide some matchup problems due to their heights. But, unless, Williams is strictly a PG, I would expect her to play on the wing at times, as our primary PGs currently are capable of doing.

• Like Like x 2