2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Huge discrepancy on Horston's height as listed by PropsectNation (5'10) and Hoopgulrz (6'1).

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

BabHorn since you started this thread....would you consider editing the very first post to list those that have announced a commitment to Texas and those that are realistically being pursued by Texas? And to soothe all feelings, do NOT list their "ratings". ;) It would be cool to just jump to the first page and see things are going.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Seems like sometimes there is that. I think Audrey Warren also had a height difference about the same.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well, that would be easy enough to do to list the verbals. Listing the players that realistically are being pursued by Texas is a whole different matter as we really don't know that. Hence, the entire thread. But I will start listing the verbals as they happen. Reminders of any I miss, especially when I'm on vacation during the holidays and not online, will be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  7. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Just saw a post with a question about Horstons height I've seen her play many times she is 6"1'-6"2' wing span is way bigger than that. She has a very high motor, can attack the rim with the best of them. Her defense and shot blocking is one of the best in the country. She can play 3-4 and be a mismatch for almost any defender. Mid range is good also. If Texas were to get her it would be another home run which would send more shockwaves throughout college basketball. Can you imagine Jordan and Celeste at the wings? Btw they are good friends from their time winning gold for USA last sunmer

• Like Like x 9
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I would have to think that Ohio State would be the place she ends up. She’s the kind of player that they just can’t lose. But with the struggles in recruiting that they’ve had who knows. It will be interesting to see what happens with their coaching staff when Kelsey Mitchell graduates this year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oakman

Oakman Guest

She likes them but I can tell you from a very reliable source Texas is ahead of them on her list right now they are planning a visit

• Like Like x 7
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Horston definitely seems like a player with physical attributes and hoops skills we don't quite have on the roster; she could be a slender, shorter version of Joyner. Hopefully, she has perimeter shooting skills or is working on them.

If we are truly recruiting Rickea Jackson in addition to Horston and Haley Jones, then I will cross my fingers that Coach Aston can convince one of them to come to Texas.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oakman

Oakman Guest

This is Horstons mom twitter page

They're watching the Texas game

• Like Like x 4
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

from the Tenn boards, Rickea Jackson is supposed to be a visitor at the game. She should get a good idea of where she might fit in with each team.

13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

This news would have made me very happy before the game. Knowing this now, with the way we played, I wish she would have seen a different game.

14. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Sorry for late post but had to do some write ups. I saw a lot of good basketball this weekend even with cancellations because of weather.
    I post on other blogs based on what is relevant to team so for UT I saw some kids that would be nice fits but no connection to the school as of yet like Azzi Fudd she is a 2021 out of Virginia she is in a lot of scouts opinion the best guard in her class and maybe in class above her! She is that good but to keep it UT related I won’t give a full report on her other than she is most likely going to UCONN.
    I heard again today from a scouting service that the Horston rumors are real and both sides have mutual interest.
    As far as Celeste I watched her team take on #6 nationally Paul IX she struggled early trying to connect on what I felt was to many 3s but played very solid defense on Ashley Owasu the Maryland commit. Seemed like she made adjustment at halftime because she came out aggressive attacking the rim, pull ups and carried her team but they came up short and lost by 4. She finished with 20pts. She plays the #8 ranked team Christ The King next Saturday in New York but I can’t make it to far but I will follow nyghoops on twitter for updates

• Like Like x 6
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

From what I read about the U16 trials this past summer, you are dead on when it comes to Fudd. Everyone was impressed. Are you familiar with many of the NY area recruits? If so, would love to get your take on 2020 Natalija Marshall from Brooklyn. She has visited Texas so I’d be interested to get more information.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I’ve seen a lot of Marshall she plays for Christ The King.
    athletic big who can shoot the midrange at a high percentage. Good post moves, rebounds well. I would love to see her put on some weight and play more physical inside but that can be taught. Another post that would fit perfectly with UT is Kylie Watson out of New Jersey by far the most physical, athletic big I’ve seen in a while! She can handle the ball, run the floor, punishing post moves, extremely athletic. Only thing missing is a consistent jump shot which will be developed. She too played on the U16 USA team. If I had to choose between the two I would take Watson

• Like Like x 5
  17. Oakman

Oakman Guest

• Like Like x 3
  18. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I hate to hear that any of our recruiting targets were watching the game yesterday. Oakman, thanks for the great reports.

• Like Like x 4
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Missed almost all of the second half due to cable and internet problems but some good things in the brief glimpse I had in the last three minutes. Where we can see a horrible game, recruits can see an opportunity or need for them to contribute early.

• Like Like x 2
  20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

If I was an athletic 3 or 4, I would be all over an opportunity to fill a gap exposed Sunday. Yes.......Holmes will help but we cant depend on that. After an over-reaction Sunday night by me, I have finally calmed down and realized that we wont see a lot of that sort of game from this team again this year. The team was almost unrecognizable. Who were those players? Well they are ours and I love every one of them. I would argue that every team (almost) has a few of those stinker games each year. It's done. Move forward. Learn. Get better. And encourage any recruits for 2019 or 2020 to jump on board.

• Like Like x 7
  21. LutherIsMyDog

Good post Flash. For me, one of the silver linings to the Tennessee game is even though we played lousy from start to finish, we were still in contention to win the game in the final minute.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  22. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

What happen to all the different zone's and press's we have been playing prior to the Tenn game. Only Man to Man. Their Tall Guard's ate us up. We never try nothing different.
    And our Post player's are slow, and it showed yesterday.
    Build a plan to fit your Talent. Why not try look for a spark from your Freshman's. All 3 of them can score. And we were lacking that. It's not like the veteran's player's stood out on Defense anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Oakman

Oakman Guest

• Like Like x 3
  24. LutherIsMyDog

Oakman you've got a good eye for talent. I just saw on Twitter that Angel Reese received an offer from South Carolina.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Rikea Jackson left her Michigan Crossover EYBL team to play for sports city aau team (non-EYBL) so she can play with Zia Cooke who was at Tennessee game with her, they are good friends and want to play with each other but they are all very close with Celeste as is Horston which I already mentioned. This is something to keep a close eye on don’t be surprised to hear these names associated with Texas.

• Like Like x 6
  26. Oakman

Oakman Guest

• Like Like x 9
  27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Results from Metroplex games from last night. Of most interest.....Warren with 17 in a low scoring 13 point win over Azle. Of potential interest, Gusters had 7 in a game in which Duncanville led 46-1 after first quarter....yes quarter, Myra Gordon had 33 in a 1 point win over a good Hebron team(anybody know if her sister is playing or redshirting at UCONN this yer? Lolo D with 12 and Merritt 7 in a 13 point win for Plano, J Owens with 10 in a 9 point loss to a good Allen team, N Green with 25 and E Rogers with 28 in a Bishop Lynch win,

• Like Like x 3
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Lexi Gordon has played in 4 games for a total of 6 game minutes this season (1.5 minutes per game). Geno being Geno - only 7 players averaging double-digit minutes and the lowest of those 7 (Megan Walker at 17.8 min/gm) would probably be in single digits if not for Samuelson's injury.

Edit: Just checked and Walker was getting about 16-20 minutes when Samuelson was healthy so my assumption was incorrect.

• Like Like x 1
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Anybody know if Myra Gordon is following sis to UCONN? I just assumed so but dont remember any recruiting news on her. I think she is a junior?)

30. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Pretty sure Myra is a sophomore (2020). I haven't seen much about her recruitment yet either.