2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I will consider Deja a combo guard until we know for sure.

In high school, the star guard oftentimes handles the ball a lot even if not the true point guard; not sure if that is the case with Deja.

Of all her big-time stats, I love seeing that 84% free throw shooting number . . .

• Like Like x 3
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

For those on Twitter, help Deja out...

• Like Like x 2
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

voted and retweeted!

• Like Like x 2
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Looks like Sarah Andrews attended our game against FSU today with Jordyn Oliver (2019 Baylor commit):

• Like Like x 2
  7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Looks like Hannah Gusters attended the FSU game on Sunday.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, to think I was worried that start time for TV would be too early on a Sunday for elite recruits to drive 2-3 hours to attend . . . :whiteflag:

• Like Like x 5
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, Tionna Herron class of 2022 was with them:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Herron is 6'4 at age 14:

• Like Like x 2
  11. LutherIsMyDog

Herron is a new name to me. Only 14 years old and is already 6'4". Wow!

As a side note, I wish Sarah Andrews looked a little more excited in the photo. But, I've learned not to read too much into Twitter photos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I don’t have any inside information but I think Andrews will more than likely go to Baylor. The good news is that there are a few more talented PG’s in that class.

14. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  15. LutherIsMyDog

I agree that Baylor does have a built-in connection to her high school. However, I like it that our coaches are willing to compete for recruits despite such influences.

I also agree with with your last statement as it seems like our coaches are willing to look nationally to fill the future needs of our team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hannah and Sarah seem to have been in Austin at the same time their last 3 visits: summer camp, October practice, and now FSU game. I have yet to see any tweets about her having visited Baylor even once (not that she couldn't have).

• Like Like x 1
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Deja's stats are ridiculous.

• Like Like x 7
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Deja scored 22 in Johnson’s district opening game against Madison, an 81-64 victory. Team effort by Johnson getting to 81 points, 12 Johnson players scored in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

22. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

S Andrews went for 35 and 31 in 2 games on Thursday. Don’t know yet what happened today.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Although I should post this in the 2019 thread, I'm very curious which teams will be on Haley Jones' list to visit. Since she paid an unofficial visit S. Carolina in December, we know they are under consideration. However, our coaches have been flying out to California to watch her for a couple of years so hopefully she'll reciprocate the interest.

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sash Goforth's team from Arkansas beat Plano with Lolo Davenport and Jordyn Merritt the other night:

• Like Like x 2
  27. LutherIsMyDog

Deja sinking another 28pts

• Like Like x 4
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Some Deja highlights from this current season:

• Like Like x 1
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Impressive offensive skills. Perfect shooting form. Scorers mentality. You can tell she has had excellent coaching. Still to be determined where her primary position will be in college. My first thought is 2 but who really cares. She can play 1-3 spots interchangeably. Excited to see her play in burnt orange

• Like Like x 5
  30. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Two kids in the 2020 class that caught my eye and Texas should be on is
    Kylie Watson 20
    6’3” very athletic
    My opinion is the best post player in her class
    Runs the floor as good as guards was very physical especially in the post with great post moves, very punishing on her defenders.
    Mid range much improved, if it continues to get better she will be very difficult to defend anywhere on the court. Her handle has also gotten a lot better she can get to the rim in transition but will need to improve in half court sets as she will need to attack from a triple threat.
    She should be a top target for Texas in that class
    Josiah Lacey 2020
    6’1” Long athletic
    Might be the most athletic kid in the class she can fly also has a big wingspan. Played hard on both sides of the floor with a good motor, great rebounder.
    Mid range shot needs to be more consistent as she missed to many but I would keep an eye on her because when or if she develops her shot she will be a top tier recruit

• Like Like x 5