INFLATION--the Gold bugs are back, led by major Chinese Institutional Investors

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Chop, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I am thankful for that too. Times are tough.

2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

It went up more than 1k.

Several here including me have detailed price increases on multiple things needed for daily life. I'll stand by my last sentence of my previous post

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

According to this chart, the price increase for rents (which would be followed by insurance) peaked one year ago. You are only seeing the price increases now but the damage was done last year.

BFEA9BC6-6940-4E74-8717-BBAFD0287325.jpeg

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dang mc as I read that chart the ‘increase’ in 23 would be 6%. Maybe that is not significant in your eyes because of the 16% in 22 but heck, that is on TOP of the 16% the year before so it is quite a bit to stomach.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I should mention when business directors retire or leave the company, their position (unless core) is eliminated and replaced with a senior manager, who is paid less and with no stock options.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, you should be thankful to Uncle Joe that it is only 6%.

<insert dancing banana>

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well of course.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Surprise, surprise, surprise, look at the ginormous number of apartments going up in Katy and no one can be surprised because Katy is not the only place being overwhelmed. I’m surprised Biden and company have not come out with a proposal for a free Ev with every new apartment lease.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

What is the Fed law that new apt buildings must have certain % of gov't subsidized units?

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

New York will soon tie its state minimum wage to inflation. As prices go up, so does the minimum wage.

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Inflation is now down to 4.93%. This is towards the high end of the historical norm, and quite high for the last 15 years.

14. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Meanwhile my fixed income as a retiree continues to be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

A never ending cycle precisely because the left is bad at basic economic theory...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The masses are too stupid or lazy to figure out that system will not benefit them long term

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Article says it will take a number of months before shoppers realize eggs have come down in price.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Huh?
    So shoppers go to store and see eggs for $1.99 instead of $5.99 and it will take MONTHS for them to see the difference?

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some people are creatures of habit. Once eggs are off the list, it takes a while to put them back on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I saw it 2 weeks ago. Gonna be happy to not have to take out a loan to have an omelete.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

HHD, you should really be for bitcoin adoption, gold reserve currency, ending the Fed, slashing the US Fed budget. All these things are involved inflation. If all the things I listed happened your fixed dollar income would increase in purchasing power over time.

27. HornHuskerDad

Exactly. Their basic economic principle is "Turn the printing press to print more money, then throw more money at every problem." Doesn't work.

28. HornHuskerDad

Monahorns, I'm definitely in favor of cutting the federal budget - the more money the USG prints to throw around, the worse inflation gets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Money printing can't happen without fiat currency, central banking, restrictive legal tender laws, fractional reserve banking.

30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Housing prices are down because increasing interest rates and down payment demands mean the available inventory is overpriced relative to the lack of discretionary housing income (in other words people are struggling to keep what they have).

• Winner Winner x 1