June: HF Tailgate in DFW - PHOTOS ATTACHED

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, May 17, 2024.

1. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Fun! I'll be in Jackson Hole.

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Honestly Glycomer, if you want to meet up with our highly enlightened, entertaining and esteemed posters, at Frank X. Tolberts, you may have to get serious and see if you can book: Frontier / HIC or Bob's Cheap Commuter Airlines to DFW.

From El Paso, San Angelo or Midland to the HF Tailgate Ground Zero!!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
  4. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

I’m very much looking forward to the day that I pop-in on one of y’all’s get-togethers. I’ll be at my gal’s place in Santa Fe. Can we seriously consider moving it up there? Numerous Taco Buenos from which to choose….sadly, however, no other good Mexican whatsoever. :puke:

I gotta split Marathon for a few months.There’s bad drought here, north of Big Bend. Rainy season starts mid summer.…it’s so dry the Rio’s catfish carry canteens and ticks!

In general, one should never come to the Backyard of Texas, this time of year…when it’s the windiest, hottest and driest…wait until the rainy season starts in July. Or come in fall or winter.

Unless,and of course, there’s some big- breasted blonds involved, in which case you might earnestly consider coming out any time they wish.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hey Gly, wife and I are just leaving Santa Fe on our first return since Covid shut everything down in N Mex. Weather - Food - Everything was great except for higher prices and the darn road construction. Amazing how many local people we met with Houston/Katy connections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

I was joking about the food…it’s very good but not the Tex/Mex! Next time you’re up DM me. I’m there mostly summer, early fall…leaving Texas today. Tragically I discovered a whole pack of Lubbock jackasses, my hometown. Their central hive is Malouf’s on the square but their tentacles stretch widely.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I was there in mid March for spring break. Same observation but folks from Tomball/Cypress area.

8. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Let’s admit it, but only to ourselves, we (Texans) own the place.

Saw a geezer Aggie coming out of Laughing Leaf Dispensary in Cloudcroft just now. I asked him if he knew about the jar and a kicker named Justin Tucker. He couldn’t remember.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You crossed over to Cloudcroft instead of driving north via Roswell and Vaughn’s Corner?

10. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

I’m headed to the ABQ airport first.

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ugh, humidity upon arrival in Hobby nearly killed us. Oh how I miss the Santa Fe/Taos weather (and the red chile). This is making me focus on how pissed I was last year about CDC allowing the 2:30 game to start the season last year only to do it again this year. It is the one thing for which I’ll never forgive him. Oh and yes, I do understand the revenue considerations, I just overweight them with the human health issues. And do not bother me or yourselves with the “I can always stay home” because I’ve only got so many games left in me. Ha, just had the thought that with the heat on these times, they may even be fewer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WorsterMan

@mb227 can you commit to Friday night June 14?

13. WorsterMan

@HornHuskerDad - June 14?

14. WorsterMan

@horninchicago can you join us if we go Bueno June 14, day after 15th marriage anniversary?

15. WorsterMan

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Favorite restaurants in Sante Fe/Taos?

17. WorsterMan

@LHABSOB can you commit/join us June 14!?

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Planning on it

• Like Like x 1
  19. WorsterMan

20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Used to be the green chile stew at Blue Corn but it’s gone. Did not get to the Coyote cafe this time and had several folks steer me away from Gabriel’s which we also used to like. Believe it or not best meal this time was at Buffalo Thunder - omelette smothered in incredible red chile and the green chile stew at the turquoise grill. Good and hot. I’m low class at Taos and liked the Guadalajara Grill. But honestly just give me some Indian fry bread or a sopapilla with good green and or red chile will make me a happy man. Got some good stuff at the Taos Pueblo which always sends me into a transcendental state anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  21. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Going to try. I'm going to tell the Mrs that I'd like to spend father's day at the lake house in TX. If so I'll make it over for the tailgate.

• Like Like x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Potentially.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Friday is a better choice than Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  24. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Yessir. I will be there.

• Like Like x 1
  25. WorsterMan

OK gang, Friday 14th it is.

26. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Cafe Pasqual’s..always a line..go early.

27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

14th works for me. I'll have to commute all the way from Arlington.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

You may not make it if you drive an EV.

• Funny Funny x 5
  29. WorsterMan

You will be late in you hitchhike!!

30. WorsterMan

We are going to have a good crowd for the tailgate. ALL are welcome. Who else can join us!?

Fellow passionate and friendly Horns, good conversation on Horns sports, good TEXAS cuisine and beverages, good band if you decide to stay late!