OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Hmmmmmm. Sounds like a few of our defenders rubbed off on the Frogs. Let me know if they start flexing their muscles after getting beat.

It seems to me that Patterson would have a very low tolerance for this sort of bs.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Very nice and steady 11 play 80 yd drive by Nebraska to tie the game. I think they only had one play over 15 yards.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

6 yard TD run from the wildcat on 4th and 1. TCU finally gets on the board but still down 10.

4. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Watching KU and KSU.....Kansas has a mobile QB, a couple of good WRs, and a big TE....Green, red, and blue Kryptonite for Texas defense !!! Texas may not win another game...Don't expect KU to make bone-head miscues against Texas, like they are making against KSU.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  5. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

When an outside defender rushes a QB they need to aim with their inside shoulder because 99% of the time a good QB will do the John Elway roll/spin to the outside....( like Rattler did ).... Poor technique by TCU defender, as he aimed with his head at the middle of Rattler's body....WHIFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

40 yard Tarheel FG to end the first half. Mack leads.

7. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Are there any fans at the Nebraska game?

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

aOSU gets it going later in the first half to establish a solid lead. As in other recent years, they’re the class of the North. Maybe Minnesota or PSU might challenge them this year. Or maybe not.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Does anyone recall a Patterson team pass rushing this poorly???

What got into the Frogs? OU’s OL is pretty good, but they haven’t been that good until today. And the Frogs’ tackling today!* This does not look like a Patterson team. I’d better send that classic DKR Coca-Cola sponsored tackling video to TCU’s football offices.

*I suppose it’s good to know it’s not just us.

10. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Nebraska is just not very good.

• poop poop x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I dunno. aOSU is probably just as good as usual, but rusty and untested with the late start due to the virus. I would expect the Bucks’ linemen to take over in the fourth and just wear them down.

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ole Miss with a long pass and run to the TE. Then a bootleg and the QB runs into the endzone. Rebs lead 21-14 third q.

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

OSU just returned Nebraska QB fumble 50 yards for a TD

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Another KSU TD !

It’s a slaughter in Manhattan KS.

41-7. Early 3rd Q.

15. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I can (and do) watch almost every team, but I just cannot summon the interest to watch Kansas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It’s not the same with KU since they booted the big man. (The very big man).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Auburn and Ole Miss are tied, and Ole Miss is driving . . . correction Ole Miss was driving but its QB just got sacked on third down . . . don't know how Auburn missed blocking that punt--the ball must have made a quantum jump right through the defender's hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Patterson pissed that Sooners apparently stole his signals effectively.* Yelling at his assistants. OU up 17-7 and driving. Now OU first and goal.

*its not like Sooners have been known for stealing, or anything like that ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Frogs actually tackle like TCU normally does. Goalline stand. Sooners settle for a FG.

20-7 OU.

20. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Auburn is driving, and despite a drop by a receiver of a ball right in his stomach as he was just standing still waiting for it, Auburn is in the red zone. . . . 18 yard TD run by Auburn. . . extra point is no good (bad snap)

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

aOSU is taking over. Driving deep into NU territory. A blistering hard hit by NU on a Buckeye WR. Play stopped for a long time for shaken up WR. Now they’re reviewing for a possible fumble.

38-17 aOSU

Class of the North indeed!

Sack by NU. NU is sucking, but hitting very, very hard. Husker safety Williams is one mean SOB. Williams now tossed for targeting. Bucks still driving in NU territory.

Smith-Njigba (former Texas class 6a player of the year) just made an incredible catch in the back of the endzone for the Bucks, just getting one foot down.

45-17 aOSU.

22. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ole Miss drives and scores on a 5 yard TD run with 5:43 left in the game. They make the extra point to take a one point lead.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Best 1-3 team in the land. Well-coached now too.

24. Fit_Horn

Fit_Horn 25+ Posts

Nebraska called for another targeting and lost a second player in the secondary. Joel Klatt is going off on how the targeting penalty is killing teams. I tend to agree with him that that call is way too inconsistent and continuing to hurt defenses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I don’t think that last targeting call was right. That being said, Williams (NU safety) is one serious BAMF. Brings to mind a certain vicious-hitting safety the Buckeyes had decades ago.

I believe scholar-athlete Williams transferred in from junior college.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They got screwed by an utterly bogus DPI right before halftime that lead to a touchdown. Huskers actually seem to be playing smart and trying hard, they are just outclassed by the Buckeye athletes at almost every position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Fumble by NU. Buckeyes ball. aOSU should move into the top 3 in the polls after today.

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

TCU with the "we surrender" punt, down 3 scores with 8 minutes left, facing 4th and a foot at its own 20. How did we lose to this lousy of a team at home?

• Hot Hot x 1
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The talent level assembled in Columbus is obscene.

30. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Maybe it is just me but none of these games are exciting anymore. TCU is palying awful. I am not looking forward to the Texas game. Just might skip it.