2015 Incomer - LB Breckyn Hager

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, May 31, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Breckyn Hager, the son of former Texas Longhorn and All-American Britt Hager, and the brother of All-Big 12 performer Bryce Hager of Baylor, was offered by Baylor on May 22 and committed to the Bears just three days later to follow in his brothers footsteps. Four months later, Hager was offered by Charlie Strong and the Longhorns. Two weeks after that, Hager decided Austin was where he wanted to be.

"Coach Strong called me and said he wanted a Hager out there on Texas' field and doing great things, and then he offered me," Hager said.

Britt, when asked for advice from his son, was the first to make sure that Hager took a respectful approach to his decision for both parties involved.

When Hager made the decision, it was something that he said just felt right... It wasn’t an easy decision to make as Hager viewed both opportunities as great ones, but he knew that The University of Texas was where his heart was.

"You know, I love Coach Strong and what he's doing there is great, and I love Coach Briles and all of them, but coaches come and go," Hager said. "You can't make a decision off of that."

[Full article here]

Austin (Texas) Westlake H.S. standout outside linebacker Breckyn Hager can play linebacker or defensive end at the next level. The 6-foot-3, 225-pound defensive star is extremely excited about the opportunity ahead.

”I can't wait to be around coach [Charlie] Strong and the players,” Hager said. “I've never seen better defensive coaches in my life then coach Strong and [Vance] Bedford it's going to be awesome to learn from them.

Hager has shown incredible sacrifice and dedication since announcing his intentions to play for the Texas Longhorns.

”I've been focusing on getting stronger and separating from my friends,” Hager said. “I am not going to prom or any grad parties I'm just trying to focus on what's ahead.”

Hager spent a lot of time playing defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. As a senior he had the chance to play some linebacker, the spot where he will most likely play in college. He is good coming downhill off the edge to blow plays up in the backfield and is a sure tackler. For limited reps standing up on tape, he plays well in space and tracks ball carriers nicely. A sure tackler.

[Full article here]

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Kid has good football DNA, great frame, good instincts, very quick off the line, attitude and likes to blow up people. Can't wait to get him into camp.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Very quick off the ball, and loves contact.:hookem: