60% Chance of rain Thursday night

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Nov 23, 2015.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

OUCH ! I hope this does not happen. We need as many fans in DKR as possible.:bevo:

• Like Like x 2
  2. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

We play pretty good in the rain, it will hurt Tech's passing game. I think we would benefit from rain.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

A rain day would be the nightmare scenario for Tech, I think. But then, they may be good at throwing in the rain. Who knows... They're from West Texas, so maybe their players would freak out at the sight of water magically "raining" down from the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  4. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Good thing the game is on FS1..Not too many people will see the near empty stadium if it rains....

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

We need Longhorn Catholic to perform his legendary anti-rain dance to keep the wet stuff away Thursday night.:coolnana:

• Like Like x 2
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The word in Dallas is "heavy rain" starting around 16:30 Thursday and getting heavier into Friday.

7. ProdigalHorn

Brings back memories of a Baylor game back in the early Mack Brown era. We sat under panchos in a half-empty stadium getting absolutely drenched. My friend told his kids, "We're makin' memories here!" I remember that more than the game, which was a complete drubbing as I recall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

Um, Mack defeated Baylor 12 straight times from his inaugural season in 1998 thru 2009. Mackovic lost to Baylor his first and last year, by 1 and 2 points, respectively.

If you want a drubbing in the rain, I'd go back to 1989 when McWilliams' Horns got plastered 50-7 at home. I can't believe I remember that because I was in the student section, plastered as well.

9. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Rain would be a definite advantage for us. It would dampen their biggest offensive advantage while swaying the game towards ours on offense. Tech is flash and finesse. We are better suited to slug it out in the weather.

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Go to Academy and buy a rain suit. The cheap ones are only about $10 and guaranteed to last until you take it off. Cheap? Yes, but they keep you dry.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Could be a problem. Academy was drained of rain suits (especially the cheap ones) during the F1 race.

12. ProdigalHorn

Um, I think you're a little shell-shocked at this point if you read that I said Baylor did the drubbing. Seriously. Try reading without hyperventilating at the same time. It helps.

13. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

Apologies. I misread your post. I saw "Baylor" and "drubbing" and "rain" and thought you were talking about the 89 game.

14. ProdigalHorn

Was at that game too, and while it may have rained some, it definitely wasn't pouring. This was an actual downpour.