Devo No Mo

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Devonaire Clarington: Wanted to go ahead and close the book on this deal with he and Texas. A lot of you have asked questions about Clarington and when he might arrive in Austin. It’s time to move on from this scenario as it’s not going to happen. The reason is not important only the outcome of the situation. The outcome is DC will not be part of this program. I just wanted to pass that on so everyone else can put this topic to rest. No NSD recap on this deal as there is simply nothing to see. (Assuming the kid was trying to cheat on his test and they don't want to broadcast it).

[Per a poster on another site]

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Whoa! No go Divo? So juco?

• Like Like x 3
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

NoBro! That loco!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Did we offer and sign only to have our class "look" good? Why offer a kid who probably won't qualify when you are in such need of players ? Its fine to take a chance on a kid when you have a lot of talent and are deep at the position. When you NEED a good TE you have to go get a quality sure thing. So this 2015 recruiting class wasn't so great after all...... the Florida kids and a DT never suited up for the Horns. Calculate out those kids and we weren't very highly ranked after all.

5. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

The Florida kids were a mixed bag. John Burt, Devonte Davis and Cherry all made it to campus, although Cherry left immediately for reasons of his own. One Florida kid flipped to Auburn before signing day and two (?) didn't make it academically. Buck Major was another kid, not from Florida, who was an academic question mark but made it in at the last minute.

Lampkin gave every indication that he was coming but flipped after signing day by not taking his Spanish class. You can't anticipate that. I think Charlie threw the dice on some guys he thought were worth the risk and won some and lost some. But you are right in that the class could have been much better if Lampkin and the other two Florida kids had made it to campus.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Joe Fan,
    what is the scoop on the last post for the people who don't follow recruiting after the previous year of uber-drama? or is that Devo's twitter?

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There were allegations of some type of impropriety with regard to his ACT score. He made a passing score in time to make his class but the ACT folks threw the red flag.
    I hate to say more because I always liked him + I am not sure we will ever no with certainty exactly what happened.
    We stuck with him for several months as he prepared to take it again, which gave us hope that he might be able to enroll in time for Spring Ball.
    But, only recently, it seems Strong learned something else that made him decide to back away. That's what the last post was about. He finally made his score.

I have seen he may end up at USF. Good luck to him.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I thought the NCAA threw the flag based on a formula involving ACT scores, SAT scores, and class grades.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Some program might pick him up after a couple of years in JUCO.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

80% chance aggy in 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At least he got to Texas.

14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Looks like he's spent a little time around Hamilton Beach as well