1. BUYING OR SELLING TICKETS ON THIS FORUM

If you are buying or selling tickets via the Swap Meet forum, read this post first.

This forum is for listing tickets to UT athletic events only — sales of other items or events is prohibited.

All logged-in members may post new threads in this forum as well as reply to, edit, and delete their own threads.

Hornfans group tickets opportunity

Discussion in 'Swap Meet' started by Dionysus, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Would you be interested in doing a HF group outing to a Bball game in February?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2016.
  1. Yes, I’m in

44.4%
  2. Maybe, depends on the game and timing

44.4%
  3. No can do

11.1%
  1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

[UPDATE: See the latest post below.]

I was contacted in December by someone in the UT Athletics department about putting together a Hornfans group for an upcoming game*, maybe mid-late February so that we have time to organize it. If we can get at least 20 people together we get discounted pricing on the tickets. (If we have 75 in the group we can take a group photo on the basketball court—that would be cool.)

This poll is just to see who might be interested in doing this, so please make your vote so we can get some idea of the interest level and we will go from there with more specifics. Any questions, post in the thread and I will try to get answers. We only discussed the Men’s basketball games at this time but I think the Women’s games would be an option as well, depending on demand.

* Due to high demand the Feb 29 Kansas game is not available, but these others are options:
    • Feb 16 — West Virginia
    • Feb 20 — Baylor
    • Feb 27 — Oklahoma
    (Posting this in Swap Meet since it is ticket-related but will also link to it in other forums)

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

p.s. Baseball is also included in the offer so we can look at that as well. Didn’t talk about football yet but I will find out.

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to attend. It would be cool if we could do this once a season for all the major sports.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We should do it, hopefully folks are interested and we can get a group together.

We had a few at the Spring Game in April, would like to do that again too. If you think you don’t have the energy for it don’t worry, @baoklhorn brings enough for everyone.

5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Would love to - it's always a good time getting together w/ other HF posters. Unfortunately, I won't be local anymore after the end of this month

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Where you headed?

7. uisge beatha

Job's transferring me to San Diego

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Well there are lots worse destinations than that! Hope it’s a favorable situation.

9. uisge beatha

yeah, worse places to go but a hell of a commute for a Longhorns game :(

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Could make the ou game if that is chosen, but not the other 2 games.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I am jealous your moving to SD. You better buy me some Tex Mex before you leave Richardson!

12. uisge beatha

Will do but gotta be quick. Leaving town next Wed.

13. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Dion should ask them if we can get discounted tickets for the RRR. I feel like we'd all make time for that.

14. Robert Garcia

Robert Garcia First Time Poster

I'm in for the OU game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Since there wasn't much of a demand at this time I’ll close the poll. However, if you are interested in group ticket opportunities feel free to contact:

Paul Coggiola
    Consultant | Intercollegiate Athletics | The University of Texas
    paul.coggiola@athletics.utexas.edu
    (512) 232-3705

I spoke with Paul today and he agreed to have his contact info posted here. We will try this again during football season and see if we can get a group of 20 or more together for a home game.