New CFP rankings ....11/24

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 22Horn, Nov 21, 2015.

1. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

suppose Baylor wins, OU wins, ND wins, Iowa wins, MSU wins.....how do you rank the next CFP??

Hate to see Baylor left out after what they have accomplished after losing 2 qb's 1 rb, 1 lb and 1 safety this late in season....

maybe they should have played Charleston Southern and Charlotte etc.....SEC!!!

2. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I think for this week move OSU out and Iowa in but the waters certainly are muddy and the final four will be subject to a lot of questions. Mostly one loss teams with a lot of one loss teams left out. I see only one undefeated team in the playoff maybe two if Iowa can win the big whatever. Then comes the chain of one losses all believing they belong. Unless I am missing something there could be eight one loss teams at the top. That's not counting Houston, North Carolina and Navy.

Lets just suppose OK runs the table and wins MNC. Are we better than they are?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

OU didn't do themselves any favors squeezing out a one point win over a beaten up TCU Team.

Their big showdown with OSU is now diminished greatly, going to take some more upsets to get them in it seems.

4. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I expect OK to move up two spots tomorrow. Surely the committee has to figure that OSU is just about out of the championship game. If OK is five and wins out someone in the top four will drop out. Surely Alabama will take some hit today. They played a high school team and three of their quality wins were diminished by losses. Clemson will have to play a hot team in their championship. A loss by Clemson to North Carolina would really squirrel things up. Alabama still has to play Auburn and then Florida (who were handed the game by the refs today). Just think OK playing ranked teams the last three games will impress enough if any of the above happens.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  5. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

for the record.. (sic!)
    Theme: How is Iowa's schedule any worse? How is Baylor's NC games any worse? How is anybody's schedule ... of the current Top 10 teams... any worse than Notre Dames's. Answer: they aren't.

First to say: Notre Dame HAS NOT BEATEN A RANKED TEAM
    Has only beaten 4 teams with a winning record.
    Here's the big list of teams better than .500 they have beaten:

Navy, USC, Temple, Pitt WoW!!!! what an accomplishment!

Notre Dame has beaten

4-6, Texas (Big 12) Whoopie Do unranked
    4-7, U Virginia (ACC) unranked
    3-8, Ga Tech (ACC, last place Coastal Div) unranked
    2-9, U Mass (Mid America, same as Kent, Buffalo, Toledo, etc.) unranked
    9-1, Navy (Am Athletic Conf, same as SMU, Tulane, etc.) unranked
    7-4
    , USC (Pac 12) unranked
    9-2, Temple (Am Athletic Conf, same as SMU, Tulane, etc.) unranked
    8-3, Pitt (ACC) unranked
    3-8, Wake Forest (ACC, tied for last place Atlantic Div) unranked
    3-8, Boston College (ACC, tied for last place Atlantic Div) unranked
    ------
    52-56 combined record. .481 percentage for all opponents they have beaten.

Only Temple and Pitt are leading, or competitive, in repective conf.
    Neither of those two are Power 5 teams.

Played 6 ACC teams (in effect, their conference).
    Lost to #1 Clemson, beat all the rest, three of which are in last place in their divisions.

If fully in ACC, ND would not even make the conference title game.
    Further, since they have already lost to a top 4 team, they have lost the playoffs already.

I think Stanford beats them by double digits and embarrasses them.

If $EC gets favors, they still TRAIL Domers in favors.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That would be fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I think think they caught enough of a break playing SMU,Lamar,and Rice. Oh wait, that was early in the season so it doesn't count.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Clemson, Michigan State and Bama are top 3 with Iowa at 5 but needing only to beat MSU to get in so that position shouldn't bother them. ND at 4 for now and with win over Stanford I think yesterday gets them in the playoff over the BIG XII champ which looks now to be OU (ugh). Good news is Texas will be the deciding factor in OU not making playoff in that case and Bob Stoops can go to his grave wondering how in the hell this OU team lost to the worst Texas team in decades.

• Like Like x 2
  9. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

Conference champions have the edge over closely ranked non-conference teams. That said, ND could find itself on the outside looking in--and probably will.

10. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I don't see a one loss Notre Dame out of the playoffs. They will have to beat pretty good Stanford team to win out. Plus they have an automatic "preferred customer when all else is equal" status, similar to Alabama's automatic "get out of a loss free" card.

11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

What about Ohio State if they beat Michigan? They would have as good a resume as Notre Dame?

12. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

See my above edited post, with Hill Elementary crayola coloring for emphasis.
    Notre Dame is the least deserving of any team even close to the top rankings.
    They have not proven they can beat anybody because other than the team they lost to, they have played NOBODY.

Unless, of course, nobody is any good these days. But even with 1 loss, what the hell gives Notre Dame any cred over anybody else? Only the fact they played Clemson close. That's it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

And... since my daughter has an early action app in for Stanford... I'm on bending knees begging for The Tree to smash the little green people and ruin their season.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Updated - Top 10 strength of record rankings which, they say, "measures the impressiveness of a team’s W-L given its schedule"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  15. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

16. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

40% of the top 10 is Big 12. 20% is SEC. What to make of this?

17. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I totally agree Stanfords wins this game. ND is out of the playoffs.

18. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Call your upset.

I'll call Neb beating Iowa. Yes, I did grill some corn tonight with a steak so that might be the reason I picked Neb.

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If Mayfield is out, OU will go down to OSU. Knight is terrible.