TE/DE Kelvin Lucky (Oct 27)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Kelvin Lucky ..... Edgewood Academy (Elmore, AL)
    3-star ..... TE/DE ..... 6-5/228 ..... Troy​

Nigerian Kelvin Lucky has a lot of experience on the football field - all of 9 games total. Yet, more teams are taking an interest in this promising project who sports a 40 time of 4.60 and an 83-inch wingspan.

Transferring his basketball skills to the gridiron has helped his quick maturation as a two-way football player. Jeff Traylor reportedly offered Lucky as a Tight End.

See if you can pick him out in his team pic below. (HINT: He's not wearing a hat.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Dang!! Makes good reads, hold his contain, quick to turn around and make a play, those long arms help to bat down passes, good stance and is quick to the ball. As a receiver he's got great height, good hands and runs his routes quickly. Good offer!! Like to get him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

– Kelvin Lucky: Edgewood (AL) ATH Kelvin Lucky is a very interesting prospect. The 6’6 230 pounder has only been playing football for a year since he moved from Nigeria to Alabama and some college teams are starting to take notice of his high-upside and his freakish athletic ability.

Texas was one of the first schools to offer on October 27th and since then schools like Cal and UCLA have put offers on the table for Lucky. Texas likes Lucky as a FOX DE/OLB.

Good news for Texas is that they will get an official visit from Lucky on January 30th, the weekend before Natiobal Signing Day. There is a very good chance Lucky continues to add more offers from bigger schools between now and NSD so it’s tough to predict where he may end up. If I had to say right now, Texas should feel cautiously optimistic about their chances to land the extremely athletic Nigerian. – (Andrew)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2015/11/open-post-friday-nov-20th/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Kelvin Lucky has been flying under the radar since Texas offered in October, but his recruitment is really about to heat up. The Edgewood Academy (AL) is making official visits to Florida, Texas and Vanderbilt next month before making his decision on National Signing Day. Texas is set for January 30, which means the Longhorns have a chance to make a strong, final impression.

“I just want to see the school and learn more about the education,” Lucky said. “And just see how I would fit in.”

Vanderbilt and Texas appear to be Lucky’s Top 2 schools. He will see what the Commodores have to offer on January 23 before heading over to Austin the following week.

Lucky is looking for strong academics, which both schools offer, as well as a coaching staff that treats him like family. Texas head coach Charlie Strong really emphasizes the latter, which has Lucky’s attention.

“I like that they put in hard work and dedication into the program,” Lucky said. “Our conversations have been very informative on the program. The coaches think I would fit in with the program.”

Texas defensive line coach Brick Haley made his way to Alabama before the dead period to check in on Lucky, who is being recruited at “Fox” end.

[Per another poster]

• Like Like x 2