There is so much terrorism now

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Istanbull can't even get its own thread :(

7 major attacks in 4 continents in 9 months
    By the JV team

Egypt-Oct
    France-Nov
    US-Dec
    Indonesia-Jan
    Belgium-March
    US-June
    Turkey- June

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Muslims have been attacking that city since 629 when it was Byzantium I guess it's old news.

3. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's because those cockroaches aren't hiding in caves anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Terror in Turkey 2016:

Jan 12, Istanbul: 12 killed
    Feb 17, Ankara: 30 killed
    March 13, Ankara: 37 killed
    June 28, Istanbul: 41 killed

6. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Don't worry. The Obama administration's hugs for suicide bomb vests will be kicking in any day now.

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Has BO strongly condemned "flying traveler" violence yet?

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Global Terrorist Attacks
    2009: 10
    2015: 170

9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

it all depends on how you define terrorism; the only terror in my neighborhood is when rival groups of gangbangers take to shooting at each other and that is not real often. I am more scared of stupid drivers than these childish savages in the middle east.

But this zhit is on television all the time and many people take that for reality so I guess we are stuck with this mass fearfulness as long as people don't have anything to do but watch television.

But fear not: our republic is into its quadrennial search for the white knight and this year's options are a Tracy Flick clone and a malignant narcissist whose prior greatest service to the world was as promoter of a cheezey beauty contest.

I am upbeat, as always.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It just did, I think.

I guess, Muslim on muslim violence doesn't sell newspapers.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Chris Matthews doesnt understand why terrorists are always using bombs

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I'm guessing he owns stock in the companies that make box cutters, knives, cages, acid, and matches.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is rich

The Istanbul massacre mastermind was a “refugee” protected by the European Union before he left to join ISIS. EU reporters and Amnesty International defended Islamist Ahmed Chataev from deportation in 2009.

15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

A 1-arm 1-foot man training ISIS? Maybe we should leave him in place. It sounds like Monty Python is training new ISIS recruits.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Jihad 101: How to blow your own hand and foot off using improvised explosive devices. (3 hours) M-W-F 1-2:00. Lab (1 hour) 6-7:00 Th. ; Chataev, A.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seattle Husker

Now THAT'S funny. ISIS University? Would the mascot be a "suicide bomber"?

The article above infers that the Russian cut his arm off and tortured him while he was in their custody. Nobody knows how he was released (or escaped?) from the Russian prison.

19. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

So, hardly any coverage on the Bangladesh hostage situation, even though 2 US citizens died?
    I wonder if it is due to the horrific nature of this latest attack?
    From hostages that were rescued comes reports that this time, instead of shooting or blowing everyone up, these terrorists forced the hostages to recite passages from the Koran, if successful, they were separated and given food and water.
    If the hostages could not, there have been claims of "torture prior to killing", and death by sharp objects. Some rumors say there were beheadings.

Is this to be an escalated version, Terrorism 301, the hostages killed will not be so random, and be specifically chosen for death based on faith?
    I'm puzzled that we stand with Paris, Brussels, etc., but hardly a peep about Bangladesh from the US media.
    Do we not care as much about Bangladesh, even though American blood was shed, or, do we want to keep this one quiet due to the extra disturbing circumstances?

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

The current administration wants to keep ANY terror attacks by ISIS quiet or minimized... not doing so conflicts with the bold claims by John Kerry about ISIS faltering.

23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wow, if the Europeans wouldn't deport the one armed, one footed guy, they won't deport anybody. Europe is headed down a dark path and there doesn't appear to be anything to save them as long as the liberals are in power.

24. Seattle Husker

FWIW, CNN is giving Bangladesh more coverage than the Iraq attacks.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Let's ban sharp objects.

• Like Like x 1
  26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Why stop there? They are always trying to hijack planes. Good people don't need to travel by air anyway.

27. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

SH, I haven't watched the last couple of days, but is CNN giving the complete details--at least the part about killing only the non-Muslims?
    It appeared the last airport bombing was meant to 1) blow people up and 2) send in other terrorists to gather hostages. Fortunately, the police were able to shoot the terrorists running in to the airport.
    I wonder if that will be a new part to the whole terror plot. Up the ante by holding hostages, and killing the non-Muslims. I haven't read or heard much about the hostages being separated based on the ability to recite passages from the Quran.
    Koran. However you want to spell it.

28. Seattle Husker

I haven't watched CNN but this is on their homepage, 5 links down in headline stories. They also had an interesting profile on one of the attackers. Upper middle-class boy who left the house for "exams" at his private school in February and vanished. The family (father is a Telcom exec) spent 4 months searching for him until just recently someone showed them a picture of him on a Jihadist website.

Frontline did a very good piece titled "The Secret History of ISIS" in May. In it they profiled Zarkawi's attempts to create a sectarian civil war in Iraq as a way of advancing their fundamentalist agenda. It would make sense if these fundamentalists now want to make this 100% a religious war; Muslims vs. Everyone else. We know they already see it in those terms but these ~50k religious zealots could be trying to spark the other 1.6B Muslims to join in.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Huserk
    I think you are right, '
    ~50k religious zealots could be trying to spark the other 1.6B Muslims to join in. "
    Although IMO the number of zealots is in millions.

Interesting whiney article in NYTimes today . The writer, Anne Barnard, laments on the seeming lack of outrage and compassion for the people in muslim countries murdered by islamists, no hashtags like #prayforIraq, no flying of Iraqi flags etc. She quoted muslims whining that " no one cares about us. They hypocrisy in the western world is strong."

These Muslim whiners apparently don't think to ask where the outrage is in muslim majority countries of which there are many considering there are 1.6 Billion muslims in the world. What action are any of these muslim countries taking, both symbolic and actual to counter the muslim against muslim attacks in muslim countries?

• Like Like x 1
  30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So Muslims get killed by Muslims, and that hack of a writer finds a way to say that the victims should be mad at non-Muslims.