WR Darnell Salomon (Apr 9)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Darnell Salomon ..... Miami Central (Hollywood, FL)
    4-star ..... WR ..... 6-3/198​

Salomon was a top performer at the Pylon 7-on-7 tournament in Cocoa Beach, FL in February.

Per BR:
    Salomon is a big receiver who can be a playmaker at the next level. He measured in at Nike's The Opening Miami regional at 6'2 ½" and 205 pounds. At the event, he ran a 4.64-second 40-yard dash, but he has been clocked as fast as 4.4 seconds in previous tests. His combination of size and speed makes him a wanted individual.

Per Scout on July 21 at Auburn's Junior Camp:
    He is fast, he is fluid, he has dependable hands, and his route-running was outstanding at Auburn. He was setting up defenders, getting them off balance, and abusing them on a regular basis.

Same Scout guy on March 2 at The Opening (Miami):
    He has very strong hands and he caught the ball away from his body well. Not as explosive as I would have liked and he needs to really improve on his route-running. The talent is there and he has a lot of natural ability, but there is still a lot to work on.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per BR:
    Salomon told Bleacher Report Thursday night that he has a top six of Oregon, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn and LSU. The list came after Salomon, the nation's No. 12 receiver, picked up an offer from Texas earlier today.

He's heard a lot of positive things about head coach Charlie Strong, and he saw what Strong did with recruiting for the 2015 class, landing five players from the Sunshine State.

"I know a little bit about Texas, but I like how they got the South Florida kids, like Davante Davis," Salomon said. "I haven't really read up on [Strong], but I've heard he's a real good coach and a real good mentor."

3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Salomon has been offered by 26 big-time schools. You may read or hear that last summer he took a visit to one school that offered him - Georgia. After returning home he learned that UGA police had issued an arrest warrant for him with the accusation that he entered a female dorm room during the night and stole wallets and an cell phone. He denied the charges.

I've searched for a follow-up story and cannot find one. However, since that time, he has received other offers (including Texas) and none of his previous offers have been pulled - including Georgia's. So, I think it's safe to assume that the charges were dropped and the young man was cleared of any wrong doing.