1 more reason California could fall in the Pacific

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by El_Oso, Jan 31, 2008.

1. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

and I wouldn't give a ************* flying f**k...

*******!

2. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

You realize that would mean Camp Pendleton, too, right? How about just Berkeley? Most Californians can't stand that city because of **** like this. How many recruits could a Berkeley recruiting office bring in, anyway?

3. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

The Marines should close the office and move out of town. Give Berkeley nothing to go on.

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

I'm all for letting Berkeley, Calif. secede from the union and then letting them fend for themselves.

I don't get this disdain for the military. What's with this mayor's comments? -- "The Marines don't belong here, they shouldn't have come here, and they should leave."

WTF??? It's the Marines, and all of our armed forces, that protect his right to freely make such assinine comments. But I wouldn't expect him to get that.

f**k'em.

5. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

They think that the military shouldn't exist. They think that soldiers are either horrible people or have been duped into it. Many people I knew in school were the same way.

6. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

I'm proud to be a former Marine but all recruiters are pieces of ****. It's hard to feel sorry for them. But I guess this is a case of the lesser of two evils. Screw Berkeley.

7. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

OK, let's take a giant melon baller and carve Berkely off the face of the planet and launch it into the path of that asteroid

8. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

^
    ^
    Can we include Oakland? It's just next door.

9. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Wrong board but I completely agree with y'all.

10. i agree with chuychanga about recruiters, but this isn't an attack on the recruiter. it's an attack on the whole military.

f this mayor, f these code pink fucks, and f that city. major earthquake in 3, 2, 1......

11. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Part of what those Marines fight for is the right for that city to decide what happens in their city.

Like flag burning, and letting the KKK have rallies, I don't agree with the decision, but I support their right to make it.

I gotta think this is a money saver for the Marines anyway. How many kids are you recruiting out of Berkeley vs what it cost to keep that location running? Lock the doors and don't look back.

12. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

I hope a Red Dawn scenario happens in Berkeley... but with no Wolverines to save them.

13. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

Berkeley is home to some of the stupidest smart people on the planet.

14. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

Code Pink. Huh....well isn't that nice.

15. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

This shouldnt be a very big loss to the Marines. They were probably fishin' a dry hole in Bizerkely anyway.

16. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

This is definitely the wrong board. I see nothing funny about this.

17. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

Agreed. And there's another thread on West Mall anyway
    The Link

18. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

Well, excuuuuusssseeee meeee! I coul;d swear I posted this on the WM.

[​IMG]

19. CBDTexas

CBDTexas 100+ Posts

They definately deserve a nuclear bomb to the face.

20. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts