2 new commits for 2013?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TXSNOS, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

2013 Texas Commits

Audrey-Ann Caron-Goudreau, W, HT 6-1

Khaléann Caron-Goudreau, W, HT 6-1

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wow! [​IMG] Looks like that Canadian connection is getting a bit stronger.

3. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Somehow I think that is just one person, not two??? [​IMG]

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

They are twins.

Didn't someone mention last summer that they were at our camp, and were likely to commit?

5. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Luv the twins exciting players.I just did not think we would get them.Its so many good schools after them.
    Hookem'

6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

That's awesome! [​IMG]

7. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome ladies! [​IMG]

8. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to Texas Audrey-Ann and Khaleann! The description that accompanies the Youtube interview of Audrey Ann say she is 6'2 at 14 years of age.

9. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

Is there something wrong with my math? For 2013, given no changes between now and then, I have the following…..

Red-Shirt Senior
    Cokie Reed

Senior
    Anne Marie Hartung
    Tiffany Moore
    Chelsea Bass
    Chassidy Fussell
    Shanice McCoy
    Kayla Brewer

Junior
    Cassie Peoples
    Brady Sanders
    Ronnisha Major
    Nneka Enemkpali

Sophomore
    Empress Davenport

Freshman
    Candice Adams
    Jada Terry

That is fourteen names, plus the two new apparent commitments would be sixteen. I understand there will likely be someone who leaves before finishing four years. It always happens. The will also be someone who is injured and takes a medical redshirt.

I’m just trying to figure out how to make the math work. Am I missing something obvious here?

10. overseasbbfan1

You're right, Outlook, the current 2013 total is 16, and I thknk we're still recruiting for both 2012 and 2013 at this point. But there isn't any way to know if the figures are accurate, or if the staff knows something we don't, so I think we're just going to have to accept things at face value and wait to see what happens. There could be many reasons for the numbers being where they're at. No one has ever said definitively if Brewer would use two or three years of eligibility, and we've also seen medical redshirts in the past who decided against playing the extra year they were eligibile for. And as you mention attrition may happen - I don't think it's likely in most instances but with a full roster there's almost always someone who doesn't stay the full four years. At this point I'm just going to be happy that we're signing good players, and trust that things will work out like they're supposed to.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

man, that's some twisted road to follow! Didn't know that or forgot about the twins graduating early or two years later. Gives me a headache trying to keep all that straight. Guess that's why there are Excel speadsheets. [​IMG]

Forgot that Ronisha had originally verbaled to KU. Win some, lose some.

14. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Baylor Fans posted a link to a picture of the twins.

[​IMG]

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

nice pic,seattle.

man, that english translation of the story is hard to follow. really glad I was told about google translate.
    from the story:

16. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

17. CamrnCrz1974

CamrnCrz1974 100+ Posts

They are 4/3’s. Projected at 6-3. They are lean, runners, offensive rebounders, with good skills. They are still young but have a big upside.

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks, Cam. When I watched the U16 Canadian games, they played mainly on the perimeter except when they were both playing at the same time. They did run the court well and rebounded well. They are 15 and should continue to get bigger and stronger.

19. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Well, I'm glad to see that I was wrong about it being the same person. I thought surely, with the same height and ranking, it couldn't be two recruits - but clearly I was wrong! [​IMG]

20. overseasbbfan1

Thanks for the info, Cam. It's always hard to figure out how other country's school systems, and graduation timeframes correlate to those in the U.S. I'll just say it will be nice to have the twins whenever they arrive!