2015-16 Roster is up

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

wow, that is early. Looks like Lashann (#10) and Jordan (#5) will be able to use their HS numbers if they want. Sara has dibbs on the #33 Christina wore in high school. Still 17 listed with one walkon. Wonder how that will change before the fall.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'd expect any attrition to be announced in the next several weeks up to the Spring semester concluding in mid-May.

Spring signing period begins Wednesday, April 15, but I don't believe we'll be signing any additional recruits unless there is a JUCO out there that has been kept under wraps.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

We are one over the limit since we will have a walkon who will not count against the scholarship limit. Can't really see a JUCO signing unless we have more attrition than currently expected. Like Moooooo, I am not expecting any announcements until closer to the end of the semester.

5. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I think we will probably be right at 15 scholarships pretty soon. And it could be big, so just hold on.

6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Hope it's not Ariel.

7. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Ariel has had some interesting tweets lately. I really hope we don't lose her!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Welp, Nekia has tweeted that she is transferring. :(

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hope this isn't about Ariel:

SBProspects @SBProspects

04/15: One of the top freshman guards in the country reportedly asked for her release today. Stay tuned.....

http://www.shesballin.com/

10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

@Moooooo That's what I saw last night that worried me about Ariel. I thought something would come of it today though. If this tweet was about her, I hope she is taking her time and making sure she makes the right decision.

11. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

It could be about her, you never know.

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It seems hat website mainly mentions info within the state of Texas.

13. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Saw a tweet that said Mckenzie Calvert from USC was granted release from her scholarship today along with another USC player, Amy Okonwo

14. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Yes, that's Ray Caldwell, he's the father of Recee Caldwell who plays for Ucla. He also is a successful aau coach in San Antonio. He has a good relationship with our coaching staff. And he is also from California and very much in the know there.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I had seen where several USC players were leaving Cynthia Cooper's squad; wasn't aware McKenzie was one of them. She was that very early/young verbal commitment to Baylor at one time. I wonder if she's coming back home to the state of Texas.

16. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I didn't recall that McKenzie had been committed to the Bears. That would make two current Bruins as Recee also committed to BU, but IIRC quickly rescinded the commitment, and of course some time later selected the Bruins.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

18. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Well glad that tweet was about Calvert and not Ariel. Hope she gives us a look, because in HS she was about as good off the bounce as any player I've ever seen. That didn't translate as well to USC as one would've thought, but I certainly think that with the right coaching she could be one of the top guards in the country.

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

It appears Ariel Atkins was the only player not to attend the banquet last night. I think the writing may be on the wall for this one...Hope I'm wrong.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Very odd not to attend the banquet as it is a reward/recognition for the 2014-15 season, and the semester is still not complete. Other than family or exam reasons, that is perplexing.

Also kind of odd that Coach A didn't tweet any photos of the event.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

23. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Yes that's Nneka. Looks like no Atkins or Taylor.

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For the record, that was the athletics academic banquet; not a hoops-only banquet (not sure they even have one).

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

that looks like Brooke next to Tasia and Brady.

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Brooke is in front of Brady. I'm asking about the player next to (side) Brady and Empress.

27. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

That's Nneka

• Like Like x 1
  28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Has Fran Harris always been listed on the coaching staff? I know she did radio and TV but didn't realize she was on the coaching staff.

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fran has been listed on the coaching staff since fall of beginning of last season, iirc. For sure since the spring.

30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts