2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

good story to read. interesting to see that she is compared to Brooke as that's who I was thinking of as a good comparison to. It would be really interesting to see her,, Brooke and Alecia on floor at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LutherIsMyDog

More info on Boothe. Since this is her last visit, I wonder if she is going to make a decision next week?

5. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

Cara Ursin has committed to Baylor. She will be a thorn in our side for a few years.

6. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Instead, Chasity Patterson is going to be the thorn in Cara Ursin and Baylor's side for years to come.

• Like Like x 6
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I'm good with Patterson too. :hookem:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

"Our" side?

You haven't posted on this board in a really long time, and it was only to tell us that Patterson favored OU and A&M over us. But, you are constantly posting on the Baylor board telling their posters nothing but positive "news" such as Alexis Morris being a shoe-in for the Bears, and Charli Collier favoring Baylor. You may have also posted over there that Ursin was not getting an offer from Baylor once Morris reneged on UCLA and chose Baylor (although I could be mistaking you with someone else on Ursin).

You also told us how we were out of it for Rellah Boothe as she would no longer consider us with Travis gone. Well, we may not get her, but she did visit officially.

Obviously, you post a lot on the Baylor board with positive news for them, but on here, you constantly tell us only the negative (which doesn't even end up being true). I honestly don't recall if you've ever posted on here that Texas was in a good position with a single recruit. So, no need to group yourself as "our" side. You definitely don't have to be a Longhorn fan to post on this board.

• Like Like x 2
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We won't get every recruit we want, but -- like other top programs - we'll get the recruits we need.
    #We'reBack!\m/

10. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

Sorry - but you must have me mixed up with someone else. I just joined this forum yesterday! Is there someone that has a name close to mine??? I don't follow nor post on Baylor's board. I'm a fan of UT and mainly women's basketball as I too have played. I moved to Texas 10 years ago and have been following UT since. I just learned of the Forum page and really enjoyed all the interesting post on this site. Are new people not welcomed? Geezz..sorry for the misunderstanding.

11. LutherIsMyDog

Moooo are you getting "Skilled" confused with "HornsLewis" ? I recall he/she stating we were out of it with Boothe now that Travis is at SMU. He/she hasn't posted in many months. I think Skilled is new to HornFans.

Welcome to the board Skilled! I've been here less than a year and it will be great to get more people posting their thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season for the Texas Women.

12. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

Thank You LutherisMyDog! This is such a great place to hear and talk news, that you enjoy. I'm so excited for the new season and looking forward to a great year. Love this forum!

• Like Like x 1
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Welcome skilled! Don't know where the confusion entered as Moooo and Babhorn and Luther and several others are wonderful supporters and resources for WBB. It is a good time to be rooting for the Lady Longhorns. Would love to read anything you choose to share or have an opinion on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Welcome skilled, but let's hope Baylor signs more players like Ursin - #64 in one service, unranked in the other. Sometimes the services get it wrong, but not often.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

or, more likely, with skilledup from the Baylor site. I know who Moooooo was talking about but am not sure of the name. Same poster is on the OU boards as well, if I am not mistaken, as skilledserv. Easy to make the mistake.

At any rate, welcome, skilled.

Not sure they got it wrong as the services depend on viewing the players at their events. If the player does not participate, there is little to rank the player on. Therefore, a low ranking. At least, her videos show a pretty athletic player. She has said that she spend her summers working on her skills instead of playing. So she could be flying under the radar.

But, I like our players that we are getting. The games between the two schools should be awesome to watch for fans and to play in for the players.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

My apologies, skilled.

Yes, as others pointed out, I had you confused with a poster named HornLewis, who also uses "skilled" as part of their username on other message boards. My memory was not accurate.

As I stated, you are definitely welcome to post as you see fit here on this board. I am by no means a moderator. Fans of other schools are welcome to post here, as well; most identify themselves as such, but that certainly isn't necessary.

Do I find it odd that your very first post on this board was about the newest Baylor verbal commitment? Yes, I do. But, that is just my suspicious nature.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  17. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

It's going to be a great year for Texas.It's just about putting it together.And player's understanding their Role.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 2
  18. LutherIsMyDog

19. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

Moooooo I can see where my first post seemed odd, and I would completely agree with you. My apologies! I was very intrigued with this forum and spent a very long time reading many post that started 2 years ago til the current time. My assumption led me to posting about Ursin, as it seemed like all other committed recruits going to Baylor were talked about, but no one had said anything about Ursin committing (Ursin was mentioned many times in other post months back). Since the commitment had just happened a day or two prior, I thought I would mention it. Just so you know, I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. I love many sports but have a special interest in women's basketball. I've always enjoyed KA as a coach and was really excited to see her come to Austin. She is putting together a great team and I expect nothing but good things in the future. Regarding the name Skilled, unfortunately it's a name I use on several personal accounts (not forums as this is my only one for now), as it was given to me many years ago (long boring story)..... So with that said, Thanks for allowing me to post on this forum. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say and adding my own information on here as well. Hope everyone has a great day!! Hookem'

• Like Like x 4
  20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I was shocked this morning to find that Duncanville is winless on the season! They are 0-1 due to a defeat by Mansield Timberview last night. Duncanville may not lose but 1 or 2 games a year and now they already have their one! Of note is that Chennedy Carter went for 40 in the 78-75 win. Obviously she is a dynamic physical point guard. Hate to see her wind up at Baylor or A&M or Oklahoma or? It would be an upset if she came to Texas with Patterson already committed. N Green (2018) went for 18 for Duncanville.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Supposedly, Chennedy Carter is down to A&M and Kansas. She will announce and sign her NLI on her birthday, November 14.

22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Chasity signed. :fiestanana:

• Like Like x 8
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  24. LutherIsMyDog

25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Is tomorrow the day for major announcements? I think the coaches already know if their recruit is coming are not.....don'tcha think?

26. LutherIsMyDog

I hope the recruits have told the coaches (out of respect for the coaches). We'll know about Walker tomorrow and Boothe on Friday.

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

awesome to have Chasity on board! :hookem3:

This was a big surprise but I understand her reasons. Best wishes to her.

28. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

29. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

I have a good Feeling about tomorrow!! We shall see

• Like Like x 2
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts