2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Yes she is.
    C.Patterson is lighting it up.
    Hookem'

2. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Nope; must not have advanced to the final four.

3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Patterson just put up 20 3 Pointer's, to lead the Girl's and the Guy's.
    On her way to the Finals.
    I did not know she could shoot like that.
    One thing I see already that I like about her.
    She got Swag.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Not surprised at all to see Patterson win. She's probably the best perimeter shooter in this class. It's very exciting to see because teams are going to have to think twice about playing a sagging zone, junk defense, or just packing the paint when she and Brooke are on the court together.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Replay will be on ESPNU at 9:30 PM CST tonight (03/27/2017).

Saw some where Rellah was hanging with Megan Walker. Some folks had stated that if Megan had committed to Texas, then Rellah would have chosen a different school. I think they have different skill sets as Megan can play SG/SF while Rellah can probably play SF/PF. So, we'll never know for sure. But, gawd, what class it could have been with Chasity, Rellah, and Megan.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Transfers are really starting now:

Michigan losing a very productive freshman shooting guard. She had also visited Baylor officially; her mother played for or with Mulkey. Won't surprise me if she transfers to Waco.

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

My only concern with having them on the floor at the same time? 5' 4" and 5' 5". Maybe we could get a really long jersey and...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

UT might have an 'in' with her - she and Joyner seem to know/like each other a lot. Of course she'd have to sit a year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I forgot about that! You are right. They were very active twitter friends while in high school, and during the recruiting process.

10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Was kind of puzzled that we haven't seen much of Rellah and Chasity together but she was the first of the players on her feet after Chasity made all 5 on the second to last rack.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, we only get the benefit of having them on the same roster for one season

I tend to not worry too much about height as long as they are quick. Short and slow wouldn't be a good combination for a PG/SG. Everyone say wow Miss. State's tiny PG did to Baylor last night in OKC, right? (that never gets old)

• Like Like x 5
  13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

My apologies if I seem like the creepy stalker, but Kysre follows Brooke, Sug, Bri Taylor, Joyner, Tina Thompson and Jai Lucas on Twitter. Of course she follows a lot of players from other teams but I was surprised at the number of Longhorn connections on her Twitter.

14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Chasity - 20, Destiny Littleton - 13, Cooks (to Michigan State) - 9, Megan Walker - 8 (I think I got that right.) Chasity one point higher than the top boy. Everyone has been talking about another three point threat. Looks like we have one.

• Like Like x 4
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Littleton from San Diego was in the final 3 point contest as well. She has a good stroke. Somewhere I read that she had worked hard as a senior on her 3 point shooting. Most of her scoring was other. Not sure how hard Aston is recruiting her but being the all-time scorer in Cali should mean she can play. Sitting next to Patterson they didn't seem to have much to say to each other.

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Was there some sort of round 1 competition before the finals? Thought Rellah was going to compete; perhaps she didn't advance.

Rellah did hit a bomb in the 3-player shooting contest. Physically, she has a bigger build than I recall from summer. We will need her muscle for sure if Joyner isn't going to bang down low enough.

17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

In the TeamUSA videos I've seen of her, I thought she had a very powerful, athletic frame. She does look bigger now but that could be lack of a stringent off-season conditioning program.

18. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Rellah may be one of those players who is hard to reach around. (Thinking of people like Courtney Paris.) A wide body combined with quickness can be a powerful combo. I still can't tell how tall she is. She looked more like 6'1" than 6'3" on TV to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I don't see her getting anywhere near Paris (or the strength and conditioning coach should be shown the door). This was the video I was referring to of Rellah last summer when they bumped her up from the U17 team to U18.

20. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I didn't mean to suggest she is built like Paris. I see what you mean in the tape.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I don't think Rellah will be lacking any confidence!

• Like Like x 2
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This time if I have it wrong, I can blame the UT Sports Information office.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

For what its worth, Destiny Littleton had a bad or undistinguished game. Took three shots and missed them all. She looked awkward to me on a couple of occasions. It was hard to follow her because she didn't seem to get involved in significant action very much.

25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I agree with Dr D on Littleton. To me she didn't look happy. Her body language/facial expression was poor and she forced things on her shots. It is hard to show up well in these all-star games. Usually there are a few alpha players (Patterson, Booth, Walker) that take control and others have to fill in. My guess is that the all-time leading scorer in California didn't like being down the pecking order in the game. I may change my tune if she commits to us but from what I saw...........I would pass.

26. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I would take her without any hesitation Texas needs shooting guards with good size really bad. I think some fans put far too much stock into all star games. These all star games are great for the players but i don't take anything from them whether a player played well or not.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  27. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

If I remember correctly, the McD announcers reeled off quite a long list of injuries which Littleton had dealt with in the last year, or two. It was a pretty extensive list. Being injury prone might be a good enough reason, in and of itself, for a program to pass on DL.

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Injuries couldn't have been too much of a factor as a senior - she averaged 42 points and 11 rebounds a game. I did notice she was wearing some kind of brace on her off hand - maybe she hurt it later in the season. I'd agree that she didn't look like she was having fun during the game or at the 3-point competition. I'd guess the uncertainty about her college destination might be wearing on her - she was the only player in the game who doesn't know where she'll be in a couple of months. IMO, still an easy take.

• Like Like x 2
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Chasity won a second 3-pt shooting contest this week:

• Like Like x 9
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yes, she did not look 100% healthy. I recall the same thing about her having to deal with some recent injuries. Hope she gets healthy and happy soon.

• Like Like x 1