2018 Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Clean, Nov 29, 2017.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Sumlin the favorite for ucf

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Contract is public domain info I think?

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ha, Herman should just be saying "believe me I just need two more years to build a contender"....."please".

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

John Tyson is throwing in an invitation to buy a lot in The Pinnacle, plus a country club membership.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Or maybe not yet on that Battle Royale between Strong and Summy Bear

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

One article I read said Herman was still in the top 10 for comp package at $5.4m per season. Nebraska may be receiving a slight discount with Frost when comparing their backgrounds. At least as much as $400k can be considered a discount.

8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

ASU hires 63 year old Herm Edwards. Edwards was a college assistant coach, but never a head coach in college. Seems like an odd hire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I heard it was general manager type role (which that seems odd), not HC, but I could be wrong.

11. LonghornCatholic

12. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Crazy coaching changes this year. nebraska and aggy finally have good coaches so they should improve some. I would guess Les Miles may have been at one of those 2 places as well. He will improve anywhere he goes, looks like tenn. Still as long as Saban and Meyer are still around, they will own it.

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Arizona State University, being irrelevant in football for over a century. Not like there was a flood of resumes for the job.

• Like Like x 1
  14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I remember one shining ASU moment.

I was working in Tempe in 1996 and went to a local sports bar for a 9:00 am broadcast of Texas-Notre Dame. The #1 Huskers were in town to play ASU that night, and of course NU was expected to destroy the Sun Devils.

During the Texas game that morning a lot of Husker fans came strolling into the bar, decked out in red, looking confident, talking a little friendly smack. That night ASU beat them 19-0 and Tempe got pretty crazy. ASU went 11-1 that year, losing a close Rose Bowl game to Ohio State.

Side note: while working in AZ I learned to check my shoes in the morning for scorpions. Saw a few in the corporate apartment I was staying in. No thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It's being reported that Piggy has hired Chad Morris away from SMU.

Good get for the pigs , I guess. Hope he bedevils the ags

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Arkansas football - remaining irrelevant since 1969.

Yurachek was close to getting fired by UH for trying to bring Kiffin in as HC. He was put on "probation", now goes to Fayetteville and hires a guy that has proven nothing. Morris may wind up being more successful than Fisher, but I need to see it. Amazing the stupid decisions people make when they're playing with someone else's money.

18. LonghornCatholic

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Which means SMU needs a coach
    How about an old friend?

• Like Like x 1
  20. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I like the idea of Traylor much better
    Thank you very much

• Like Like x 3
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Alternate idea

• Like Like x 7
  23. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Same here

24. LongChuckles

LongChuckles 25+ Posts

NNNOOOOOOO!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I still don't get why nobody is going after Les Miles for one of these gigs. What did he do to make himself so toxic?

• Like Like x 2
  26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Agreed. His personality may not be everyone's cup of tea but he can coach football.

Does Les have any “dirty program” baggage in his past? I’m not aware of any but I don’t know much about him.

27. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

We had to know it was coming with the carousel being set in motion. The trickle down effect made it inevitable. However, I second your motion:

No No No No No!!!!!!!!

Hire Traylor, hire Sumlin, hire Miles, hire Adolph Hitler's illegitimate son. Just don't hire TO!

28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

UCF wasted no time replacing Scott Frost.

They hired former gooner QB Josh Heupel, offensive coordinator for Mizzou last season, to be their new coach.

30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Rice reportedly hired Stanford OC Mike Bloomgren to be their next HC.

Good luck with that job Mike.