2018 Senate (& House)

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

To the board libs. Once again your side makes accusations as they gloat. The problem is this thing called "time." Time is going to happen and you can't stop it. Once time happens the gloating stops as the reality of truth comes out. It's so predictable that I get tired of saying I told you so.

Of course I knew it was forged the moment they refused to turn the yearbook over for analysis.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He's going to win. He was always going to win whether I pecked on the keyboard or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Then you are grandstanding, which coming from the dem side on this issue (Teddy Kennedy, Bill Clinton, etc.) is laughable.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Farcical more like it.

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I never voted for Bill and read a critical book on "Teddy" as a young'en that helped form my opinions negatively on him. My dad thought similarly of Teddy, David Boren (grew up 7 miles from him), Andrew Jackson (we're Creek Indian from way back), and Longhorns. :)

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Political or not, they can claim for the moment a no tolerance policy. The R's on the other hand went the other direction.

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Even after that woman admitted her yearbook being a forgery you still can't give Moore the benefit of the doubt, can you?

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And you think voters don't see through their contrived B.S.? Everyone sees the truth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seattle Husker

Let's be clear. What she admitted to was forging the date/location on the yearbook. She maintains the rest was original. Maybe it's Gloria Allred's involvement but I've always put her at the bottom of the credibility scale. She's not the only one though, there are at least 5 other women. It may be easy for you to believe that 6 women who don't appear to know each other all got together to lie. I'm not so ready to believe conspiracy theories.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Conspiracy theory? Putting 2 and 2 together isn't a conspiracy theory. They might have got together because of a payout. What are the odds all of these women decided to come out at the same time with that time being where the republicans can't replace Moore?

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Most of those women were 17 and said it was mutual kissing. That is not disqualifying for me when the alternative is a radical leftist. The 14 year old and such is the issue in my mind. Without her, I doubt WP runs the story.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Just like the 15 or so women who accused Trump of doing what? Oh yeah, what he has been heard around the world bragging about to Billy Bush on a recording. It got Billy fired. But, thank the dark lord, 45 minutes after that tape broke Wikileaks started slowly releasing the Podesta emails.

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dude was either asked not to come to the mall or he was on a list of people to watch when he was there. The f'n mall as a 30something. Can you imagine the rash of shart that you'd give one of your buddies at that time in life if he were doing that? It would have been simply glorious at the tailgate if one of our guys were doing that. Glorious!!!

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Poor Billy. Caught in his own web. I'm sure that everything you have ever said about women has been pure. Self-righteous horse manure gets spread so easily by the Democrats. Fortunately much of it goes in their own hats.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The difference? I've never bragged about sexual battery. Also, I've never bragged about doing something that, it turns out, people claim that I did to them and then I call them liars. Of course, I never called a newspaper claiming to be "John Barron" bragging about myself and then, classic move here.....naming my last child Barron!!!!! If you told someone 20 years where the world is with this clown they'd not believe you. It makes Hector Camacho much more believable.

16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I'm sure your as pure as snow.

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Equating some actual "locker room" talk to bragging about sexual battery is pretty weak. I'm 50. I grew up in Eastern OK. I have told some jokes and said some things in my past of which I'm less than proud. That said, don't try to normalize this guy. I may not think much of your politics but I have no expectation that any of you have said or done the things that DJT has admitted to doing. I mean the tic tacs..... Keep them handy just in case. :)

18. Seattle Husker

What a novel way to justify sexual harassment. Rep Trent Franks will step down immediately. 2 staffers claimed he approached them about being surrougates offering one $5M (which is ludicrous!). Both claim it was unclear whether he was asking to have sex with them or using the turkey baster method to get them pregnant.

He and his wife do have twins from a surrogate mother. Some people need to glean the difference between friends and co-workers or in Franks' case, direct/indirect reports.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He is the original news conference from the Allred client from back in Nov
    She pretty clearly indicates back then that Moore wrote all of it
    She certainly does disclose at this time in any way that any of the writing was her own
    I set it to FF to that part (if not, got to ~ 11:09)

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pretty funny

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And poof! All credibility disappears.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'll believe it's no tolerance when they have something to lose. If the GOP had thrown Trump under the bus, they would have lost the presidency. If they throw Moore under the bus, they lose a Senate seat. Tossing Franken and Conyers under the bus costs them nothing. Minnesota has a Democratic governor, and Conyers's seat is a gerrymandered D+32 district.

Of course, if Moore wasn't such a selfish tool, this would be an easy fix. If he had any decency, he'd announce that if elected, he'll immediately step down. That would put the GOP in the same position that Democrats are in with Franken, but instead we get a Bannon-driven pissing match. If you don't back Moore unapologetically, then you're a McConnell-loving "cuck." If you do back him, you're standing by child molester. That kind of substance-less shitstorm is the worst part of associating with the GOP.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  23. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Or he has the balls and courage to take a stand and end the spineless old establishment way of bowing out or kneejerk condemning over sketchy, hit jobs.

That's exactly what allowed the second term of BO to shred this country. Scared of optics so they cut tail and run. It's also why MAGA deplorables are now the majority on the right and more establishment hacks will bite the dust in 2018.

These vicious hit job attacks won't stop with Moore. In 2018 we'll have a whole new round of Republican candidates accused of outrageous claims of sexual harassment and criminality.

Media Matters...read up on them. They openly admit they're in the business of viciously attacking DT and future Rep candidates. Even to the point of threatening it so candidates will think twice before running.

As for Moore, there's nothing selfish about standing up and fighting if not guilty of illegal acts. Real men with a spine go down swinging.

Some may not approve Moore dated legal age teen girls in his 30's in 60's Alabama...but it's still not disqualifying.

There's several reasons to disagree with Moore's hard line intolerant stances that seem stuck back in the 60's, but it's far more likely than not the illegal allegations are garbage.

One is already proven a forger and hired leftwing hit job lawyer Allred. The part she forged included a key detail in her criminal allegation. Forging the restaurant name on the yearbook where she said it took place. Not suspicious at all?

Another report came out today showing texts that a Never-Trumper (Jeb's 2016 campaign communications director) fed Wapo the original story and was bragging about it to another writer. Same guy who tweeted about his donation to Jones and it helping raise even more money cuz he's a Rep.

Wake up and smell the hit job. It's clear as day from every angle.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You sound like an OJ defender or Bill Clinton defender. You're attacking the messenger (the Post) and how they got the story. Do you have anything that actually discredits Leigh Corfman? What part of her story isn't adding up?

And "real men" don't touch a 14-year-old girl's crotch, and don't protect and defend those who do.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Rule No. 1 of politics - If a guy is filthy enough to have been impeached and removed as a federal judge, he shouldn't be elected to Congress.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He belongs to a special category we are not allowed to discuss beyond what has already been written

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Everyone should read this. One person in the focus group was 16 and dated a 31 year old.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ians-back-roy-moore-in-vice-news-focus-group/

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I read it. What's your point? These people are going through the same rationalizations that you all are going through to support your political choice. In other words, they're doing what Bill Clinton and OJ defenders were doing 20 years ago.

The reason this happens is that whether or not Moore put touched a 14 year old girl isn't the point. Political preferences are the point. There could be video proof of him doing it, and it wouldn't matter. He could admit to doing it, and you all would shrug and say, "if there's grass on the field, then play ball." Of course, if Jones did the same thing, you'd righteously condemn him and talk about how courageous Corfman is for coming forward like the Democrats are doing with Moore.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  30. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

This is pure garbage and beneath you, Deez. Just because people absorb the info surrounding allegations of illegal acts and conclude they're more likely than not a manipulated, political hatchet job does not mean said person is willing to turn a blind eye and shrug off any grown person touching an underage person.

If you think I'd be okay with that to win a f'n election, you're sadly mistaken. I assume plenty of Alabama folks who will vote for Moore are in that same boat. I say good riddance and prepare to answer to God if there's solid proof of DT, Moore, or whoever having done such an illegal and immoral act.

It's you're right to disregard the timing, source (Wapo endorsed Jones long before), inconsistencies in the details of her story, and sudden surfacing all these years later after Moore wins the Rep nomination to square off against the Dem.

Funny, Moore and Strange's primary battle was headline news for weeks and well covered by all the major MSM outlets. Didn't hear a peep about Moore's alleged illegal behavior back then.

Any one of those could be explained away as irrelevant, but added together they should spark serious doubt.

All that said, I've got no problem with an investigation of Moore after the election, simply because doing so before isn't possible. The hit job folks were damn well banking on that and tried to hang him in the court of public opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017