2019 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Handler

Handler 100+ Posts

There's a lot of top recruits from Bama, Penn St, LSU in the portal this year. Bill Snyder would kill if he was still around. 3 of the 4 teams in playoffs have transfer QB's the wouldn't be there without them.

We need to fill some CB, LB, DE spots with the portal.

Joe, any news on if we are targeting any of these?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Handler

Handler 100+ Posts

New world with portal, you really need to have 2 QB commits each year. We almost went from 5 QB's Jan 1 to 2 and the 2nd was a high school senior.

3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Like the LSU CB/S decommit?

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

The conversation was probably less an ultimatum, and more like, "look, I've really got to know now, because I have some other families I have to call tonight to let them know whether I can give their son a scholarship."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BurntOrangeLH

HC just has to get real and get a gut check on each guy before he executes a scholarship.

6. BurntOrangeLH

Just have to say after this season Kenyatta Watson and Chris Adimora do not look like filler pickups. Herman once again did a good job of evaluating and scouting them. They will be even more valuable players in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Adimora looks like a stud!

8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 1,000+ Posts

Yes and wait till he feeds off future successes and gains that "I deserve to be here" confidence.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 5,000+ Posts

First he will probably go through a thinking before acting stage, but once he gets through that, he should be very good.

10. BurntOrangeLH

11. BurntOrangeLH

So Peyton Powell who decommitted from Texas then signed with Baylor, then dumped them last fall then signed with Utah (?) is now at Rutgers. Getting around.

• Funny Funny x 2