2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste highlights from TheFifteen.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Two players Texas is recruiting will be at Tenn: Zia Cooke & Rickea Jackson. Jordan Horston does not have the Horns on her list any longer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns miss out on making Aijha Blackwell's final six: Kansas, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ohio State, and St. Louis Univ.

4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

It’s definitely going to be a small recruiting class this year.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

AGSR's top 350 2019 recruiting classes, includes transfers that will be eligible to play in 2019:
    http://asgrbasketball.com/notre-dame-maryland-and-florida-state-highlight-top-350-recruiting-2019-class-rankings/

Horns rank 11th and are only team in the top 15 with only one player-Celeste. BU is 16th with only Jordyn Oliver listed.

Other Big 12 teams:
    20 - West Virginia
    21 - Kansas
    28 - Iowa State
    31 - TCU
    34 - Oklahoma
    62 - Texas Tech
    70 - Kansas State

Guess Ok. State does not have an 2019 verbal.
    Actually, only 171 schools listed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I'm going to guess that that Horston, Jackson and Cooke will all be visiting South Carolina next weekend. Hopefully Jackson and Cooke have scheduled a visit to Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We've been thinking our "big" recruiting weekend would be that of the USC football game (and Stanford volleyball game). So, hopefully Rickea Jackson comes that weekend (if we are fortunate enough to be one of her 5 official visits).

Based on social media in past years, I'm surprised we aren't seeing more recruits post their visit dates. Anxious to see if anyone other than Endyia Rogers will be visiting us officially, and when.

The only other recruit I can think of who might be a candidate for us is California post, Angel Jackson; but, there's been nothing out there about her recruitment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I was not expecting Kentucky to be among her Top 5 choices:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

with the early signing date coming up in Nov., I would expect more OVs from the 2019s being announced soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rickea taking her official visit to South Carolina this weekend:

• Like Like x 2
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I hope that Texas gets one of her remaining OVs. Louisville, Miss. State, Ohio State, Rutgers and us are vying for one of the last three OVs.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Zia Cooke and Jordan Horston also at South Carolina this weekend:

• Like Like x 4
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Those three are staying together for visits so far.

Some good news for OU and not so good for BU re recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LutherIsMyDog

Aja Wilson is being honored at South Carolina's opening football game today. Smart move by Dawn Staley to coordinate the visits by Horston, Cooke and Jackson with Aja on campus. I doubt Staley can land entire trio but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets 1-2.

However, one can never underestimate the recruiting skills of Karen Aston. I like our position of having one of the final visits of Jackson and Cooke (hopefully).

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I don’t blame any recruit for wanting to take all their visits because it’s an experience that they likely won’t get again. But it would be really hard for any recruit to not enjoy and have a good time on any official visit unless they got food poisoning.

The majority of recruits already know where they want to go. The good thing about these visits is that it means decisions are getting close to being made.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Would have thought Endyia Rogers would be taking one of her 5 official visits somewhere this weekend, but nothing out in social media about it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

California post, Angel Jacskon visited Florida this weekend. Perhaps that's a sign she is considering several out of state schools far away from home. Hope we are one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Per WBB Blog, Endyia Rogers has five finalists: Miss. State, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Tenn & Texas.
    Gotta figure she is fairly familiar with Miss. State, Tenn & Texas due to proximity.

Still, unless she is planning to sign during the spring, gotta wonder when she will start taking her OVs or at least scheduling them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

To be clear, just because there isn't something out in social media, that doesn't mean a recruit hasn't already scheduled their official visits, or has begun taking them. Some individuals just prefer to keep parts of their recruitment private.

• Like Like x 4
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's true, but we fans do like our information! :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not the immediate verbal after the visit that S. Carolina had hoped for. Hopefully, Rickea makes Texas one of her five OVs.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

6-3? I got Angel at 6-5. At any rate, the key word there is "might". Both Haley and Angel are keeping things pretty close to their vests.

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 1
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's a pretty impressive list of schools for Endyia.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Wasn't really expecting to be a finalist for Haley Jones . . .

• Like Like x 3
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nope, we were a long shot for sure, which is why I am hoping that we do better with Rickea Jackson.

• Like Like x 4