2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, I would think our coaching staff wants the 09/14 weekend (volleyball match against Stanford, and football game against USC) to be our big recruiting weekend -- (Rogers, Jackson, Cooke ?). We'll know in a few days if that's the case; of course, this weekend has to work out schedule-wise for the recruits, too.

Will be interesting to see if there are unofficial visitors from the 2020 and 2021 classes.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hadn't realized the confluence of those two events. That would be a killer weekend to show the support for the various sports. Hope it comes to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oakman

Oakman Guest

This will be a big weekend for Texas on the recruiting front. I received some very reliable information that a lot of big time recruits will be there from both the 19 & 20 classes.
    Yes Rikea will be on campus not sure about Cooke but would be surprised if she were not there.

• Like Like x 9
  4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Always good to hear from Oakman! Do you know if Celeste will be in town? Keep us posted with anything you are able share.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I have not heard if Celeste is going this weekend but she does have an official to take so I would expect to see her at campus this fall

• Like Like x 6
  6. LutherIsMyDog

London Clarkson committed to FSU. I don't believe there was much evidence of mutual interest between Clarkson and Texas but it will be fun to watch her development at FSU.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I recall Clarkson tweeting that she would announce a list of finalists back in early August, but nothing ever came of that. Figured she was headed out of state.

8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Liz Scott commits to Oklahoma!

• Like Like x 2
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Really good pickup for Oklahoma. I’m sure she’s going to play the stretch 4 roll that Cole likes to use. With the commitment of Scott, Sherii Cole has done a good job of recruiting recently. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the center from Kansas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I am seldom ever stunned when it comes to recruiting, but I am stunned Liz Scott chose someone other than Texas A&M. Not even sure if she ever ended up taking her official to A&M, but she's been so pro-A&M twitter over the last couple of years that I assumed the commitment publicly was just a formality. Perhaps all the recent transfers out of A&M changed her perception.

After a few down years, it looks like Sherri Coale finally decided that she better start recruiting better players before she coached herself out of a job.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anyone else encountering a lot of weird errors on this site the last few days?

I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error when I try to post a tweet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yes. Same here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Endyia Rogers has had in-home visits with coaches from USC and Miss. State this week. Unable to post the twitter pictures due to that stupid 403 Forbidden error :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Testing...

• Like Like x 2
  16. LutherIsMyDog

I'm curious if Endyia will be visiting Texas this weekend. Other than these recent photos, Endyia has kept her recruiting journey fairly private.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I’m also curious if she’ll be visiting this weekend. I would think this would be the prime weekend for Celeste and any other recruits to take their OV’s to Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lots of factors go into when a recruit takes their official visit. Some are their preference, and some is strategic by the coaching staff.

If Texas is also in the running for PG Zia Cooke, and if she is coming for her official visit this weekend (with friend, Rickea Jackson), I wouldn't think the coaching staff would have both its PG targets visiting together.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

From Raoul on tweeter:
    "WBB: Angel Jackson, 6-3 C, Salesian HS (Richmond, CA)—ranked #36 by espnW in 2019—has announced her four finalists: Arizona State, Cal, Florida, and Southern Cal"
    Got the 403 error message when I tried to embed the tweet.

20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Tweet test ...

Y'all let me know if the twitter error continues. I have not seen it happening before this.

21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

2 OVs this weekend...

• Like Like x 10
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to see some confirmation that we will have two official visitors in this weekend. Assuming the two visitors are Rickea Jackson and Celeste Taylor, then that could mean that we aren't getting a visit for Zia Cooke as she and Rickea took visits together to Tennessee and South Carolina.

I assume one is Celeste as her parents are both UT grads, and seem to come to town from NY for the big football games.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I don't know this stuff like you do, Moooooo. Why couldn't it be Rickea and Zia? If Celeste is already coming, why would she need an OV? Maybe she could be here also on an unofficial visit? (I'm trying to make this happen just like I want it!)

• Like Like x 3
  24. Oakman

Oakman Guest

My guess is Zia will be on her official or someone else from the 19 class a friend who is affiliated with Celeste aau organization told me she will be taking her official later in the fall. Her parents are not from Texas nor did they attend the university they are from New York which made it more surprising she committed to Texas to all of us from the east coast

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

An official visit is not a requirement, but it allows a school to pay for the recruit's expenses, as well as that of one companion. So, that allows for free airfare, lodging, food, entertainment, etc. If you are allowed this perk, it's great to take it; each recruit can get up to five of them.

Celeste could be coming for an unofficial this weekend, and an official a different weekend. Most of us here assumed this big sports weekend would allow her to help recruit other official visitors as she would get to join them for all dinners and activities.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Several months (maybe even more than a year) ago, a poster (via a different premium website for Longhorn sports) from NY posted that his daughter would be visiting Texas unofficially; a few weeks later, we see via twitter that Celeste Taylor and her parents were visiting campus with our coaches. Perhaps I made some assumptions, but the timing fell into place.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I am not to familiar with to many other blogs/sites not sure if her dad is on any but I am sure he as well as Celeste mother are not from Texas

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Celeste and her family have no ties to Texas. Also it’s 2 official visits which means both recruits are from the 2019 class. Another interesting thing is that Endyia Rogers received a home visit from Rutgers which means that she’s replaced either Texas, or Tennessee, Rutgers.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just realized I might’ve buried the lead on Tiff’s OV tweet - was that you @Ellis21d trying to entice her to commit a recruiting violation? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This recent tweet from Kelby might give a clue to 1 of the visits. Rickea?

• Like Like x 4