2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  2. LutherIsMyDog

Celeste making headlines for her performance last weekend in the She Got Game tourney. From the write-up, Coach George was in attendance watching Celeste (and other future recruits).

• Like Like x 3
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

More Celeste highlights from the Nike TOC...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well we added a point guard in the class. From Newcastle, New South Wales. Another Australian. The staff is really going International! I love it!

• Like Like x 12
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Isabel was on the same team as our other Australian commitment, Ashlee Hannan, on the Australian FIBA U18 team. Ashlee is the tall girl in the top row and Isabel is #7 in the second row.

• Like Like x 7
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Good height for a PG - listed as 5’ 10” at the FIBA Asia tournament this past summer. Seems the money spent sending Jamie Carey to Australia is paying dividends.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. LutherIsMyDog

Agree. I would think Jamie would have a good eye for talented guards. At 5'10", I wonder if Palmer will play both SG and PG.

• Like Like x 6
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A few highlights of Isabel Palmer (#11)...has a high arc on her shots.

• Like Like x 8
  11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I like what she brings to the table.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Good dribbling with off hand, really good hesitation dribble, good high arcing shot, seems to see floor well, good passer. Average quicknes/speed. Definitely can play point and slide over to 2-guard against some quicker defenses. Sure glad to have another option at point guard in Sutton’s senior year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

This is excellent news to receive just before Christmas. I took note of Isabel when I was looking for information about Ashlee Hannan. More proof that the Texas coaching staff never stops working.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I love seeing those three's. The arc is so high, takes awhile to see if it's going in. I'm psyched.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. Her other highlights are even more impressive than the ones posted. Also because she doesn’t have the elite athleticism/quickness Coach Aston is going to have to continue to improve and evolve as a coach in terms of using her correctly offensively and defensively. Another thing that I like about Isabel and Ashlee is that most international players of their caliber also always tend to have a really good understanding of how to play the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I can’t find any information on the UCN Recruiting rankings? Be interesting to see the 20 ahead of her and where Ashlee sets on that list.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Watching the U17 game of Australia vs France. And Isabel is a great shooter. She made five 3 pointers in the game. She’s definitely going to help the team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. LutherIsMyDog

After a little digging, I found a UCN page that lists the 2019 international players who have committed to a college. Although it's not updated, UCN has Isabel ranked a couple of spots above Ashlee, who is listed at #23.

https://www.theusacollegenetwork.com/signees

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Good digging Luther. It looks like we got a couple of highly ranked international players. Isabel does have a good stoke on her 3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Can't have enough shooters.

• Like Like x 2
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Came across this from Mark Williams, a global scout for PBR hoops recruiting service as well as a Naismith and McDonald’s AA voter:

• Like Like x 6
  23. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Can' t wait to see who start next year.
    It's going to be a battle...

• Like Like x 2
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste at the Blue Star Invitational this past weekend:
    Finding her range again…Aggressive in her attack…Got the pull up going early…Elevation is elite among perimeter players…Has shown dynamic possibilities on the defensive end of the floor…Consistency will come

• Like Like x 7
  25. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Whoever plays DEFENSE!!!

I'm excited for the new recruits. But I hope Coach is also considering their defense, effort and grit. We definitely need these young ladies to have a knack for solid defense and/or the ability to learn and execute defense. This is a MUST for coach's program. If they have the defense plus the scoring then they should be GREAT!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste checks all 3 of those boxes - no idea about the Aussies but their national team always seems to have an aggressive approach to defense and loose balls.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Defense doesn't really seem to be a big problem. Now, an offensive approach that doesn't capitalize on our size advantage? That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

• Like Like x 1
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Here's the link to Mark Lewis' article about the Blue Star Invitational Celeste was at.
    12th Annual Blue Star Elite Invitational - Bluestar Media

It has some evaluations on other Texas targets such as Angel Reese and Azzi Fudd among others. Hopefully, when watching Celeste, our coaches are getting a good look at her PG:

• Like Like x 4
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Really would’ve liked this to have been a matchup of 2 future Longhorn teammates but, that being said, Go Crusaders!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3