2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Flash-Thanks for the info. I never have time to dig up stats from high school bball games.

2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well all you have to do is have good eyes to read the fine print in the Dallas Morning News..........along with your morning cup of java and toast/jelly with your feet in the fireplace. I just have info for Metroplex players.....and mainly Dallas/Arlington and area. Ft Worth teams usually get reported by the Ft Worth Star Telegram. So for my Friday morning squinting of the small print............Jaden Owens with 16 for Plano West in a 11 point win over Winnsboro. Gusters had 11 in a 59 point win for Duncanville. Taylor Jones had 4 for Dallas Christian in a 22 point win over Mansfield. Jones was the sixth scorer for her team. Nyah Green had 11 for Bishop Lynch in a blowout while two teammates had 21 and 20 points. Then Green had 8 in a 15 point loss to Crowley. Makes me wonder if Green is hurt or overrated. Not really good to make conclusions on players just going by point totals this early in the year. However, it is all I have.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LutherIsMyDog

As you have time, please keep us informed of the stats. I like it that you include Green, even though she is committed to L'ville. Some services have her listed as a top 5 player in the country so it's interesting to keep up with her production.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

ProspectsNation has Green #1 (Brunelle at #3). UT has gotten PN’s top ranked players in 2 of the past 3 classes - Joyner and Charli.

• Like Like x 2
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

For your Saturday pleasure.....Friday night results. Sarah Andrews 14 in a 40 point win over WFalls Hirschi. Jordyn Oliver (Baylor) 14 in a 7 point win Prosper over Argyle. J Owens 25 in a 32 point Plano West win over Southlake Carroll, Nyah Green 25 in a 13 point win over Arlington Lamar. Gusters 16 in a 65 point win over Denton Ryan. Gusters 21 in a 14 point win over Sachse. Lolo Davenport 19 in a 5 point loss by Plano to Mansfield Timberview. Jordan Merritt had 8 in same game. No scores on Saginaw Boswell in DMNews.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, flash. Really appreciate the info.

7. texdan1969

texdan1969 First Time Poster

warren had 40 in the win over southlake carroll

• Like Like x 7
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Looks like the Haley Jones interest is still there. Not sure which coach hit the airport immediately after the game today to make it to California for an evening practice but..

• Like Like x 4
  9. LutherIsMyDog

Here's a season preview of Celeste Taylor's team, the Long Island Lutheran Crusaders. This is how her head coach, Rich Slater describes Celeste.

Celeste Taylor '19 is a 5'11" guard who is now officially among the best players in the country after a USA Basketball appearance this past summer. There is very little that Taylor doesn't do extremely well as she is dynamic putting the ball on the floor, an impossible mismatch because of her size for most defenders, and great pulling up and connecting off the dribble. One of the more underrated aspects of Taylor's game is her ability to play inside and be great on the boards, which will be a part of her game to watch for this upcoming season.

https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/girls-team-preview-long-island-lutheran-crusaders

• Like Like x 5
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Some Jaden Owens highlights...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jaden looks great in those clips; seems to be more than comfortable shooting the three.

I've seen her listed anywhere from 5'6 to 5'9. Will be interesting to see if we are targeting her; perhaps she will come down to watch one our games soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Owens had 17, Gusters had 19, N Green 15, Andrews 21 twice......all in victories on Friday night in Metroplex.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Hmmmmm. Coach Aston and Mark Recoulley liked this tweet!

• Like Like x 5
  15. LutherIsMyDog

Am I interpreting this tweet correctly? Is Celeste Taylor committing tonight?

• Like Like x 4
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Coach Aston also retweeted this one...

• Like Like x 3
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Certainly sounds like the announcement will be this evening.

• Like Like x 4
  18. LutherIsMyDog

Jusme --- you and I saw the same tweet! There certainly have been some tweet connections between Celeste and our staff. Would be great to get a commitment from her.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Loving it!

• Like Like x 3
  20. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Still 2 hours from her official announcement but nice.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  23. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Went back a few pages and read about her. Anybody have any video. She could be the tall rangy 2-guard we have needed for a few years. Hope we are anticipating correctly.

• Like Like x 3
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

sure sounds promising! Hope we get some good news before bedtime!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If someone knows how to watch the broadcast, please let us know (or the outcome).

• Like Like x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Would not work for me using IE; but, watching Firefox worked.

Sportscaster talking today's sports; said Celeste Taylor interview upcoming.

29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She almost pulled the hat out of the bag too soon. The sports guy stretching it out for the commercial break.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats Celeste, family, and coaches! Welcome to Texas!

• Like Like x 7