2019 Texas Volleyball

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by TempestHorn, May 7, 2019.

1. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 250+ Posts

Schedule released. With the medical retirement of Blair Westerlund, I expect the next big news to be some sort of transfer announcement.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mchammer

mchammer 5,000+ Posts

Let’s get it going!

3. MajesticII

MajesticII 100+ Posts

Murderers' row !!!!!!! We find out really quick if we are worth a darn. WOW....Lets hope Elliott has a back row that can dig and pass this season, and has someone teaching the players to serve. That has been our downfall the last few years now...Getting to be an ugly habit ( poor passing and serving ). Gotta get that fixed. I heard that is one reason why we lost the hitter to Nebraska.

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 500+ Posts

If Lexi had waited for Jhenna it wouldn't have been an issue.

5. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 250+ Posts

6. MajesticII

MajesticII 100+ Posts

Sweep of LSU in pre-season scrimmage...... Bring on the season !!!!!!!

7. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 250+ Posts

He has a point! Opening the season with UNI (RV) Friday, #14 USC Sunday and #3 Minnesota a week from Wednesday brings some really high level volleyball to Gregory. Unbelievably, they still have bench reserved seats available for UNI and Minnesota. GA seats are all that remain still for USC.

https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/c...nkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

FYI...last year a secondary market started to form on Stub Hub. If you want chairback reserved I'd check there.
    https://www.stubhub.com/texas-longh...YGkMG1gIArbHjt_7ev70XYKt4wAih3Jbgswtr5Ux-9QOo

• Like Like x 4
  8. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I love this team.
    Much improved.
    I am very impress with serving.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Me too, they seem very cohesive and resilient for such a young team. Can't wait to watch them continue to grow!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MajesticII

MajesticII 100+ Posts

We do look better than last year. A few of them need to get their serving down, and back row play is still an issue. We do a lot of diving and rolling on the floor well after the ball is down...Did well taking #1 to the brink. Anxious to see if we are better after Butler returns. Wish our libero would hang back a little more when we attack/block at the net. We leave too much of the floor wide open.

12. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Majestic it's early.But so glad to see some good thing's. I can't get over how well the ladies are serving the ball. Keep working ladies.
    Hookem'

13. MajesticII

MajesticII 100+ Posts

Let all their hard work beating top teams and playing #1 to the limit building a resume for the NCAA committee go down the toilet by losing to Rice...RICE !!!!! SMDH......

• poop poop x 1