Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Buck-Horn, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

So, I think we finish 2018 in the top ten. Can’t wait for 8/31/19!! Let’s begin the analysis. What key players will we lose and can we fill the holes with the 2019 roster? Will we start 2019 in the top ten?

I just have to say this is the proudest moment for our Horns since the 2006 Rose Bowl. Just the shear domination of a supposed elite SEC team....doesn’t get any better than that! Txags in total meltdown mode....and THAT is the sweetest taste of all. Those morons are in complete unhinged denial mode....they are eating their own by crushing posters who pay compliments to “TU”. One of the most satisfying wins in our program history!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

• Like Like x 1
  3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Buck,
    I read a little bit of the thread ...it is typical rivalry type speech.

I’ laughed when I heard the SEC chants and I can only speak for myself.. zero to do with -A&M they never came into my mind.
    It was what it was, the whole world is sick of hearing about the SEC and how they beat up on each other while playing Division II schools for nonconference games.

What the Ags really need to concern themselves with is Texas was able to beat a team that TAMU can’t. Your SEC powerhouse that was the second best team in the country, right?

4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I expect 2019 to be about like 2018. We are losing a lot of seniors and the guys behind them are mostly inexperienced. They will need a season to gel. 2020 we will be in the CFP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

"We have no need to give them a marquee matchup." Ugh, the $EC has already been given two home and home marquee series (LSU and Alabama) with Texas so no need for Texas to play a mid-pack $EC team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Once again aggie thinks they ought to control the conference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

aggy will add another sec/bama national championship trophy in their hall of champions on Monday.

8. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

I'm going to enjoy this win for awhile before thinking about next season. We are in good hands with this coaching staff so I feel good about the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bsme92

bsme92 < 25 Posts

The Aggie sitting two rows in front of me at the game made it hard to not think about A&M. Wonder if the TexAgs posters would vilify the guy because he was forced to high five some of us?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Please don't let some school hire Orlando away

• Hot Hot x 2
  11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

12. odehorn

odehorn < 25 Posts

2019 can start without any mentioning of aggy college, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Link

Nice 2019 primer by the Football Brainiacs

14. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Great read....thanks for sharing! My comments from their excellent analysis....

1. We need to coach up special teams, which was an Achilles heel. Our onside kick teams really sucked....both kicking and receiving. An upgrade here will really make a difference next season.

2. TH, PLEASE build a bonafied running attack, whereby our RB’s are capable of scoring in the red zone and the occasional explosive run play. I have low expectations in this regard. We just don’t have the RB talent depth yet. So, need badly to recruit some elite RB’s. Though solid, I don’t think KI is that back....maybe he goes to that next level in 2019....we shall see.

That is all....otherwise, I’m as happy as a puppy with 2 peters!! :headbang:

15. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

A lot will depend on Redshirt frosh next year. What do we have with Coburn and Omojo in the DL? I hope some really special Alabama/Clemson type players, big quick and relentless. Also I expect at least 2 solid starters to emerge from our 2018 OL haul. Angilou, Moore and Gharmai.